Author Topic: Device name missing from "Reschedule recording on"  (Read 1331 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Device name missing from "Reschedule recording on"
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:41:58 PM »
I've been testing the code to fix up the problem of the Beyonwiz sometimes returning a "No matching service" error when it should return a "Timer conflict: ..." error.

When I create a timer collision and get a My Week or TV Guide entry with the warning triangle and expand the entry, the text for rescheduling the recording is just "Reschedule recording on", rather than "Reschedule recording on DeviceName".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Re: Device name missing from "Reschedule recording on"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 07:46:29 PM »
I've been testing the code to fix up the problem of the Beyonwiz sometimes returning a "No matching service" error when it should return a "Timer conflict: ..." error.

When I create a timer collision and get a My Week or TV Guide entry with the warning triangle and expand the entry, the text for rescheduling the recording is just "Reschedule recording on", rather than "Reschedule recording on DeviceName".

Can you do it again except don't reschedule the failed timer(s) so I can have a look at them while they aren't showing the device name?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 08:39:41 PM »
Thank you both for trying to address this issue - look forward to a fix in due course
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 08:20:02 AM »

Can you do it again except don't reschedule the failed timer(s) so I can have a look at them while they aren't showing the device name?

Done. On my "Beyonwiz T4" device, for programs starting at 18:00 on Wed 7 Sep. ABC News is the one flagged with the error.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 09:58:25 PM »

Done. On my "Beyonwiz T4" device, for programs starting at 18:00 on Wed 7 Sep. ABC News is the one flagged with the error.

Thanks. It looks like a bug in the TV Guide and My Shows web pages that only occurs when the conflicting timer is a single recording and it only affects that reschedule link. I clicked on the link with no name and it did reschedule that recording for the correct device.

I assume the Android app shows the correct device name. I'll do some tests myself.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 10:59:46 PM »
I assume the Android app shows the correct device name. I'll do some tests myself.
Thanks, Dave.

The device name shows correctly for me on the "errored" recording in the Android app.

And yes, on the Web version, the link still works for me, even though the name is missing.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 11:01:19 PM by prl »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 09:05:36 AM »
I've removed the test recordings. Let me know if you'd like me to test it again.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Rename Device XML vs JSON

Started by DeltaMikeCharlie on XMLTV (General)

0 Replies
Last post March 23, 2018, 12:00:40 PM
by DeltaMikeCharlie
xx
Recording the same program on a different device

Started by TimC on Smart Recording on Windows Phone

0 Replies
Last post October 08, 2017, 09:04:12 PM
by TimC
xx
Second T2 not showing up in device list

Started by IanL-S on Beyonwiz