Author Topic: Daylight savings WA now ended but still showing one hour later?  (Read 3148 times)

Offline itstonyb

• View Profile
Daylight savings WA now ended but epg and timer settings still showing one later?

I have checked the time on my Beyonwiz and all ok.

Any one else have same problem?

Offline Gary

• View Profile
Re: Daylight savings WA now ended but still showing one hour later?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
You need to go into your account and click on resend all timers under interactive to update them

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
Yep, I did that at 3am today, and it worked fine.   Last time (when we went from non-DST to DST) I deleted all the timers from the Wiz first, and this was a bad thing to do as it tells ICE you don't want that show recorded for the week and no amount of "resend timers to all devices" would work last time...

The reason the timers need to be resent btw is pretty simple, the ICE timers are in GMT, and the Wiz simply adds the *current* GMT offset to the timer info sent by ICE, but of course when timers are built for post DST while it is still DST means they will have 11hours added, not 10.  So once the DST transition happens, simply resend all the timers, and the Wiz adds the now 10hour offset (presumably you fixed the Wiz clock first of course) and thus all the correct time.   I guess ICE must have also fixed it to properly delete the current matching timer names, as it definitely deleted the wrong timers and created the correct timers for me this time simply by doing a resend from the account settings.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline itstonyb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »
Ok thanks, have tried that and hopefully all ok.
:)

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
Yep, I did that at 3am today, and it worked fine.   Last time (when we went from non-DST to DST) I deleted all the timers from the Wiz first, and this was a bad thing to do as it tells ICE you don't want that show recorded for the week and no amount of "resend timers to all devices" would work last time...
Now you tell me!  Ha ha, took me about 48 hours of resending before everything came right this time, probably becasue I deleted them all off the b/w.  Ah well, with a bit of luck it will be the last time we have to mess about with this DST stuff.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline madmax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
As discussed on the Beyonwiz forum:

It seems that the Ice software is unable to tell the difference between its own timers and Wiz-created timers. As a result, after doing a 're-send all timers', any Wiz-created timers such as a 'Weekly' are deleted and re-created as 'Once' timers, and are now 1 hr too early! I presume this is the case with Toppys and other devices also.

This 're-send' function needs to identify timers which were created on the unit and *not* delete and re-send these!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:10:11 PM by madmax »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
T2 Timer Issue post Daylight Saving

Started by raymondjpg on Beyonwiz

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2018, 03:24:12 PM
by raymondjpg
exclamation
Daylight Saving & Duplicate HD Channels

Started by ChrisW on IceTV EPG Content

20 Replies