Author Topic: How are you liking the new app?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
How are you liking the new app?
« on: August 30, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »
So what are your first impressions of the new IceTV Windows 8 Phone app?

Personally, the new IceTV app almost makes me want to get a Windows 8 phone  8)
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline ChrisW

• View Profile
Re: How are you liking the new app?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »
Hi.

I have installed the app and logged in ok.

2 problems:

In "My Week" it only shows the same, single timer for each day - Sunrise. There are numerous other timers not showing.

Also, "TV Guide" does not indicate shows which are set to record - not even the Sunrise timer shown in "My Week". However it does correctly show Sunrise as a favourite. It would be handy for the guide to indicate set timers as the iPad/browser versions do.

Otherwise, thanks for getting the WinP8 app out.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:40:58 PM by ChrisW »

Offline juergen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:51 AM »
I really appreciate IceTV putting this app out - thanks!

A few things I noticed:
  • The day of the week isn't displayed for the dates
  • The "My Week" display starts at 29/8/2014 - two days ago, instead of today
  • Some shows are duplicated on this list
  • The symbols for recorded shows & favourites don't match the website - eg. hollow donuts instead of solid
J

Offline Jim_Gutherson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
Same thing - my recordings and favorites are not showing up in the TV Guide or more importantly in "My Week".

They did for a while when I reset them all by deleting a recording and reestablishing it. When I immediately moved to the My Week screen  I could see them scheduled but after leaving the app and restarting it they are no longer seen. Checking against the website they are all there and properly updated from the WP8 App.

Offline Jim_Gutherson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
Seems to be fixed in the 1.0.0.5 update

Offline juergen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
Glad to hear some improvements! The issues I mentioned above still appear, but realistically it is probably too soon for them have been addressed.

Offline kevine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 11:13:04 AM »

A few things I noticed:
  • The day of the week isn't displayed for the dates
  • The "My Week" display starts at 29/8/2014 - two days ago, instead of today
  • Some shows are duplicated on this list
  • The symbols for recorded shows & favourites don't match the website - eg. hollow donuts instead of solid
J

Same here. I had to re-install to get "my week" to update. Be nice to have a refresh button (or reset app button) to avoid re-installs when things go awry.

- Kevin

Offline ChrisW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 12:21:16 PM »
I thought I'd give the WP8 app a few weeks to iron out any bugs.

My only problem at the moment is still with My Week....

I would have interpreted "my week" as meaning the next 7 days, however mine keeps showing the 7 days from last Saturday until Friday. Also, the timers show as queued (donuts), not solid. The timers are correctly set on the Wiz.

If I reinstall the app, or when an app update is applied, My Week adjusts to the next 7 days from that day as expected, albeit still with donuts.

I have My Week set as the Default start up view, and I don't leave the app running in the background.

I can live with the donuts (mmmm, dohnuts...  :) ) but not seeing a full week in the future is annoying.

Update: While writing this I jumped back to the app help to confirm the various icons. When I went back to My Week it had updated to the next 7 days. So it would seem that My Week is either not refreshing automatically when the app is opened, or only updates after going back to the menu. I donít think it is time related Ė Iíve previously left My Week open for several minutes and it did not refresh.

Offline ChrisW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
Just an update to my last post.....

I opened the app today and My Week was still showing from yesterday (Monday) through to Sunday - which was the range showing when I closed it yesterday.

I let it sit on My Week for several minutes to see if it would refresh, but nothing happened.

I then went back to the app menu, selected Help, then hit the Back button to get back to My Week and it had updated - showing today through to next Monday.

So my theory appears correct - My Week only refreshes after another menu option (Help, at least) is selected.

Offline ChrisW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »
Any update on this, please guys?

The app updated on the 11th (to 1.1.0.1), and I'd hoped it would deal with My Week not auto-refreshing, but that has not been the case.

As of today (15th) My Week still shows timers from the 11th to the 16th - many of which I have already watched and deleted. And all timers still show as donuts.

The only way I can get My Week to display the next 7 days is to keep resetting the app settings, which is pretty annoying.

Offline gjfrew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 09:10:05 PM »
Not liking the app. It won't display any TV programme information. I have reset the app, restarted the phone, checked my IceTV account - which shows the app has logged in and downloaded the guide, but it will not display any TV shows at all on any screen. The old app worked fine but this one is useless at the moment.
 >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline juergen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 10:39:01 PM »
I had the same problem after upgrading to the current version - no information was displaying.
After resetting the app, etc I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it displays the info as expected.

While it appears that some new features have been added, I was disappointed the the "My Week" display continues to have problems with refreshing. E.g. "My Week" starts from 2 days ago - the Las time I reset the app.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
Sorry about that. That early December version of the app had a bug that caused it to not correctly update the data after upgrading the app.

We have released a newer version that fixes that issue and it is available now.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:03:00 PM by Dave at IceTV »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
AFN Fishing Show - repeat

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post May 14, 2019, 11:50:08 PM
by Tiphanee
xx
wrong show?

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies