Author Topic: App feedback  (Read 2109 times)

Offline stretch4x4

• View Profile
App feedback
« on: October 01, 2015, 10:50:34 PM »
Hi all,

Want to thank you for the app, always nice when companies bother to support windows phone  8)

Got my skippa now so can actually make use of it :)

Have noticed a couple of issues with the app though.
  • Seems to be on a fairly regular basis that I find the menu button stops responding  so I can't leave the screen I am on. I have to kill the app and reload it and then it is usually ok for the session.
  • I have also noticed a bug updating recordings. When I click on the update button on the series recording, it gives me two options recording and Device (series and skippa respectively) So I can't see all the other options. If I click on the series recording, then I can see all the other fields, but I think it includes some extra fields that aren't relevant to the series recording (like the time field) and the fields all have their default values rather than the stored values for the series recording..
    So yes it appears as if when you try to update a recording something goes wrong and some fields are missing and when then something triggers all the default fields to appear. Hopefully not too hard to reproduce..

Cheers

Offline raj

• View Profile
Re: App feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 05:23:55 PM »
Something has gone screwy with the IceTV iPhone app.

With all that has been going on, I upgraded to the latest version after deleting the previously installed version (as suggested) only now, when I look at the TV Guide and select Now (5:15 pm Wed, Nov 4), it comes up with the guide for Tue, 3 Nov, 10:30 pm!

I have reset the app to default settings and even tried deleting and reinstalling, but it still comes out with the start more than 12 hours earlier.

Is this going to get fixed?

I am using an iPhone 4S, 64 GB and iOS 9.1

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 05:32:58 PM »
It's a bug that was supposed to be fixed in the last version of the app before IceTV went down and doesn't appear to be fixed in this version.

It seems to be a problem with the app incorrectly using the iPhone language instead of the region location and making some time zone adjustments.

From what you are saying you probably have your iPhone language set as English UK or something European. If you set the Language to English Australia then it should be OK.

The setting is in Settings>General>Language & Region

But that is just a workaround and the bug should be fixed. I think it probably happened if you upgraded to ios 9 recently.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »
Yep, confirmed! Selecting tomorrow, yields Wednesday 11:30pm
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »
It's a bug that was supposed to be fixed in the last version of the app before IceTV went down and doesn't appear to be fixed in this version.

It seems to be a problem with the app incorrectly using the iPhone language instead of the region location and making some time zone adjustments.

From what you are saying you probably have your iPhone language set as English UK or something European. If you set the Language to English Australia then it should be OK.

But that is just a workaround and the bug should be fixed. I think it probably happened if you upgraded to ios 9 recently.
Yes, you're right. It was after the update to iOS9 which set it to UK English. Changed it to EN Australia and all good now.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 06:13:31 PM »
It was after the update to iOS9 which set it to UK English. Changed it to EN Australia and all good now.
Now go to your mail app and look at the "Trash"

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 06:25:33 PM »
Hmm...fascinating....

Offline raj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »

Thanks for that. It's fixed the issue.

Interestingly, my iPad 4 with iOS 9.1 had the correct setting so it did not have the issue running the app.

Thanks again.

Offline stretch4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 08:20:32 AM »
I wonder if this is mentioned in the iphone forum rather than the windows phone forum..?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Recording from streaming apps

Started by herbie on General Discussions

3 Replies
Last post January 27, 2019, 04:50:19 PM
by herbie
xx
The sometimes appearing 9HD News bulletin

Started by Andrew Smith on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post January 15, 2019, 09:12:50 PM