Author Topic: Recording one-off shows and other problems with Recommendations  (Read 284 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Recording one-off shows and other problems with Recommendations
« on: December 31, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »
When I try to set up a recording of a one-off show, like a movie, from the Android app, doesn't offer any way of selecting whether the recording will be a single or a series recording. It just goes right ahead and creates a series recording for no apparently good reason.

The screen to create the recording just has the fields Device, Record (first runs/repeats), Network, Quality, Time and Limit. It doesn't have the "Series recording/Single recording" radio buttons that you get when you set up a recording from TV Guide or Search in the app.

Also, even though the recording setup screen from TV Guide or Search has "Series recording/Single recording" radio buttons, they default to "Series recording" for a one-off show like a movie. That may a hint as to be why recording a one-off from Recommendations creates a series recording.

Also, if you set up a recording for a repeat from the app's Recommendations, the recording defaults to "First runs". Worse, there's no way of telling whether a recording set this way is a repeat or not, except by going back to Search or TV Guide.

If a recording of the same repeat is set up from TV Guide or Search, it will default to "First runs and repeats".

Once a one-off show has been created as a series recording, there's no way of changing it back to one-off that I can find in the app.

If a repeated one-off show is set up for recording as a Single recording by going through TV Guide or Search, there are no controls available to select whether you want to record first runs or repeats (the only field available to set in a Single recording is Device). This appears to do the right thing, but perhaps it would be useful if the Record field was shown.

Finally, when you tap on an "Episode scheduled to record" entry in an existing recording in the app, you get a popup with the question "Cancel Recording?" and the buttons "Yes" and "Cancel", which I think is a bit less clear than it could be. Perhaps "Yes" and "Keep recording" might be clearer.

I'm using the IceTV Android app version 1.30.

I tested the above on War Horse (one-off, repeat) and The Real Mary Poppins (series, repeat) in the ACT guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, DP-P2 & DP-H1

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Recording one-off shows and other problems with Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »
Now that the IceFolk are back from the break... bump...

Offline Dave at IceTV

• IceTV Staff
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 03:07:04 PM »
Thanks Peter.

I did forward this on with a comment saying that it was nice of you to collate all of the Android quirks into one page to make it easier when we update the Android app.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
Thanks, Dave

Share via facebook Share via twitter