Author Topic: Wireless Connection Solution  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
Wireless Connection Solution
« on: October 13, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »
Issue:

Skippa won't connect to wireless network for some people.

I have discovered that there is a wireless networking bug in the original software version.

Other known wireless network issues:

- Failure to attach the included WiFi antenna (remove blue cover on back of Skippa and attach antenna there).
- Some (all?) software versions to date are known to not connect to some routers when the wireless network does not use a wireless password (passphrase or key).

Solution:

After updating the software on your Skippa to 1.1.10600 or later the WiFi will connect as it should. If not, make sure that your network uses a password and you have entered it correctly (and selected the correct network).

Obviously the Skippa needs a network connection with Internet access to be able to update it's software. If you are unable to connect your Skippa wirelessly you will need to temporarily connect it to your router via an Ethernet cable to do the software update. You will also need it connected to a TV screen or a computer monitor that has a HDMI input. An antenna cable would help but should not be required.

Once you have connected it via a network cable and finished the setup process you can do the software update from "Menu > Settings > Device Info > Check for Updates".

After it has updated the software and rebooted, you can connect it to your WiFi network via "Menu > Settings > Network".

After you have it connected to your WiFi network, you can turn it off and take it back to the main TV, connect the antenna and HDMI then do an auto channel scan if needed via "Menu > Settings > Channels".

Note: Skippa may reboot a couple of times as it sorts things out and may appear to freeze at points during the setup wizard, especially if you don't or didn't have an antenna cable connected.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline Pursya

• View Profile
Re: Wireless Connection Solution
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 09:26:55 PM »
You're a gem Dave.
I didn't receive my Skippa, but to see you still actively involved in solutions for those who did get a Skippa, despite your looming unemployment, is pretty amazing.
Good luck in the future. Someone's going to get a very loyal, smart employee.
Hope they realise it, and reward you accordingly.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless Connection Solution
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 11:43:55 PM »
You're a gem Dave.
I didn't receive my Skippa, but to see you still actively involved in solutions for those who did get a Skippa, despite your looming unemployment, is pretty amazing.
Good luck in the future. Someone's going to get a very loyal, smart employee.
Hope they realise it, and reward you accordingly.

I can only agree 100%
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Share via facebook Share via twitter

clip
Not connecting wirelessly so no epg or timer list

Started by charlotte on Beyonwiz

3 Replies
Last post July 30, 2019, 07:38:10 AM
by MD
xx