Author Topic: Skippa Bug  (Read 15801 times)

Offline zoszos68

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
Re: Skippa Bug
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
First off - no electric shocks. I ope it is only static electricity

Me too! - I suspect it was static electricity - it happened a few times today as I walked over to the unit to manually reboot it after it froze...

Me too tingle on plastic case which can happen but it was still there with all cables disconnected.
Only the removal of the power cord stopped it. I have a feeling the ac power does not have an earth pin (not that it should matter as it should be double insulated).

I sound like a technician/electrician but I only have done part of the basic certificate for electronics and my dad was a Telecom tech so I have picked up much over the years.
Still not sure whether it is safe like that though.

Kevin

Offline Likkie

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 02:58:19 PM »
Has anyone else tried watching recording remotely via DLNA?

In Windows 10 I can't get this to work at all.  I see the icon for the records but noting will play.

On PS3 none of the items will play.  This is probably codec dependent.  I wasn't surprised.

On Kodi (Mac) it will only play a few of my recordings.  Like 3 out of 10 for far.

I use Kodi to play from various DLNA sources quiet regularly, I'm fairly sure its working correctly.

Also items only show up on the "Raw recordings" category is that correct?

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »
I suspect that Apple devices do not have native support MPEG 2 ts files. (99% shure that Quicktime does not.) Cannot remember if the SKIPPA will transcode or not.

Ian

PS Have not tried using the SKIPPA as a DLNA server.
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2 + U4
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and Topfield Aus Forum for Toppy help

Offline Likkie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2015, 03:40:35 PM »
I suspect that Apple devices do not have native support MPEG 2 ts files. (99% shure that Quicktime does not.) Cannot remember if the SKIPPA will transcode or not.

Ian

PS Have not tried using the SKIPPA as a DLNA server.

No Macs don't have native support for MPEG2 but Kodi has its own codecs.  MPEG2 is supported.

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »
The proble may be with the file - PVRs only record what is transmitted, and sometimes it does not fully comply with MPEG2 ts standard. There is a discussion of this issue somewhere on the oztoppy wiki. Files can be cleaned with Handbrake of VideoRedo.

Ian

Offline Dacho

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2015, 07:44:53 PM »
The red Button: ABC Iview. was watching DR Who series 9 ep 1 60% through it just stopped and went back to iview page.  Restarted and tried to fast forward. It returned to the iview page each time after 5 jumps.  Nothing playing/recording. Latest FW. no messages?

gas667

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2015, 04:33:26 PM »
I had a show not record last night. It was still showing in My Recording hours after the show screened and there was nothing in the Failed Recordings. I am still testing it and it wasn't a show I would watch anyway but...

I've only had the Skippa for 2 days so hoping this will be an isolated incident.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
I have a Skippa I no longer want

Started by SpocksBeer on SKIPPA

0 Replies
Last post August 23, 2019, 09:37:14 AM
by SpocksBeer
xx
Skippa remote control needed RCU

Started by Ricci on SKIPPA

1 Replies
Last post March 14, 2019, 08:59:35 PM