Author Topic: New IceTV branded PVR  (Read 98641 times)

Offline Paul55

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New IceTV branded PVR
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2015, 05:33:36 PM »
IceCube will have a lifetime IceTV subscription bundled in.

5 years ??

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2015, 12:01:28 AM »
Let me break the silence with great news, as we are excited to announce the manufacture of IceTV’s own PVR for March this year.

Thank  you for that

IceCube will have a lifetime IceTV subscription bundled in.

I may be slow, but I am a bit confused.  If the IceCube will have a lifetime IceTV subscription, then why should we buy a subscription now? (That is, those of us who plan to buy the IceBox)
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline Garyvx

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2015, 02:55:35 PM »
It has three tuners for 6 simultaneous channels, streaming, Freeview+, 1 TB HDD, integrated WiFi and a unique feature that turns IceCube into a “new PVR breed”.
"Freeview+" does that mean no skipping of adds and you cannot get recordings off the PVR?  :'(

Regards Gary

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »
According to FreeTV Australia "FreeviewPlus is a new television service delivered via broadband providing a state of the art EPG and seamless access to Catch Up TV across the Freeview networks, with the simple press of a button on the remote control." So access to FreeviewPlus does not require that you use Freview EPG data, and it is access to the data that is conditional on recording being crippled.

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2 + U4
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and Topfield Aus Forum for Toppy help

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2015, 06:12:01 PM »
Paul, the IceCube's lifetime IceTV subscription is for the life of the IceCube PVR and is not restricted by a time limit.

Judy, the IceCube's lifetime subscription only supports the IceCube PVR. If you want to use IceTV on other recorders you would still need either a regular 5-device subscription or separate device subscriptions to cover those other recorders.

Gary, the IceCube will definitely include add skipping and the ability to copy recordings off the IceCube. The IceCube will not be FreeviewPlus certified but it will have all of the FreeviewPlus catchup TV features accessed via HbbTV. 

FreeviewPlus will work on the IceCube PVR but it won't have the restrictive Freeview+ certification.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline DaveD

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »
Hi Dave from IceTV,
  Is there any news on what the supplied EPG will look like.
  Is it similar to or better than JustEPG?

Offline snuke

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2015, 01:30:03 PM »
3) Treat yourself to an IceTV PVR in October from our online store or in November from the top Australian retailers..

. We've just upgraded again to a higher-end chipset, in order to provide the best user experience with this feature. But every time you change chipsets, you have to port all of the middleware as well. This adds six months every time for consumer quality.

Based on the last two quotes of planned Oct release then a 6 month delay due to new chipset, I guess we move the goal posts to April/May 2015.

Let me break the silence with great news, as we are excited to announce the manufacture of IceTV’s own PVR for March this year. Add some time for shipping and you’ll be able to hold “IceCube” in your hands two months after that.

In April, we’re going to take advance orders from customers who are subscribed to our mailing list

Well good on me for decoding the final release time correctly.
FIGJAM.

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2015, 09:49:25 PM »
We did a focus group with seven Forum contributors all together in the IceTV board room and picked the one that you wanted most.
This is great news - I recall that session and the promise it held - it is going to be interesting to see what makes it into the final product
Can't come a moment too soon as I really need to replace my Beyonwiz soon - look forward to news on availability
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Offline Heinz

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:07 PM »
IceTV knows what you DON'T want: TV adverts. This has been made clear from several posts on this forum requesting smarter ad-skip features than are currently available in the marketplace. Now, with the April pre-launch of IceTV's own PVR, we will be ushering in a new era of TV recordings without ads.

With Skippa, our product name for the IceCube project, you can sit back, put the remote control away and skip the ads automatically - without the need to press any buttons. Use the must-have IceTV app to record on Skippa from anywhere. Run rings around catch-up TV with Skippa's built-in IceTV discovery and smart recording features. Use our "Coming Soon" feature to record new shows or preview what's hot with "Ice Picks" before you decide to record. Then watch your favourite shows without ads when it suits you.

Next month we will be taking orders via an offer sent to our mailing list. If you don't receive IceTV's regular newsletter each Monday then that means you're not subscribed to this mailout. We suggest you log in to our website and update your subscription details under My Account. Please also spread the word about Skippa to your family and friends!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:29:33 PM by Heinz »

Offline Paul55

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2015, 06:53:36 PM »
Is 'skippa' related to the Altech 9600 triple tuner PVR that has been briefly mentioned as coming soon to IceTV?

Offline Mantorok

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
Given that "skippa" is so close to launch are we able to see some pictures of the unit and remote.  I'd like to see more details of its features as well as hardware specs like inputs and outputs.  Screenshots of the user interface would be great too.

Offline Heinz

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »
IceTV's imminent introduction of the UEC 9600Q and 9600T is independent of our Skippa release. The 9600Q/T are UEC products and Skippa is an IceTV product. The UEC products are available now. Skippa ships with skips in May.

When we do our mailshot next month, we'll be sharing technical and visual details for Skippa.

Longer TV ad breaks are just around the corner. Fortunately, so is Skippa!

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2015, 06:40:50 PM »
... Skippa ships with skips in May. ...
Work on that a bit and you could have a user manual by Dr Suess ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline face44

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »
This looks like a great replacement for my recently dead TiVo.
Can I get on the mailing list without purchasing anything or do I have to buy a subscription to the service first?

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2015, 12:49:41 PM »
You can get on the mailing list by downloading our free phone app (for Android, Apple and Windows phones and tablets).

There are links to download the IceTV phone app near the bottom of the IceTV home page:
https://www.icetv.com.au/

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
NCIS: New Orleans - Repeat

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2019, 09:29:53 PM
by Tiphanee
xx
New openshop channel 75 issues

Started by ChrisW on General Discussions

9 Replies