Author Topic: How does Skippa Handle Daylight Savings changover?  (Read 6378 times)

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How does Skippa Handle Daylight Savings changover?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 07:50:04 AM »
It was difficult to tell if the guide was correct or not. Times displayed appeared to be correct (assuming no daylight saving) but not sure if I am willing to risk recordings being out by an hour. Neither rebooting nor unplugging the SKIPPA fixed the problem. It claimed to be checking the time when it booted but clearly is confused. Could it be it is trying to talk to a time server run by the OEM and it has been deactivated?

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2 + U4
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »
Skippa Daylight Saving Solution

Some people reported that their Skippa did not adjust it's clock until 3pm Sunday! The following steps also worked for me right away.

• Go to 'Menu > Settings > IceTV'
  • Select [Reset EPG] and press OK
  • Press OK to confirm that you want to 'Reset TV Guide'.
  • The Skippa will now reboot, get the correct time and download a fresh copy of the TV Guide data.

Any of your timers that have recorded between 3am Sunday until you perform the above steps will have recorded the correct show, but the time show in the My Recordings list may be 1 hour out.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:03:57 PM by Dave at IceTV »
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 07:04:26 PM »
Dave
Thanks for this "fix"
So when I did a hard reset (power off/on) of the Skippa on Sunday morning it didn't pick up the correct time - so is your fix dependent on forcing a guide reload - doesn't that happen when a hard reset is performed?
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 08:08:42 PM »
Dave
Thanks for this "fix"
So when I did a hard reset (power off/on) of the Skippa on Sunday morning it didn't pick up the correct time - so is your fix dependent on forcing a guide reload - doesn't that happen when a hard reset is performed?

Correct.

In my experience rebooting the Skippa (from the Reboot option in the menu or pulling the power plug out for 10 seconds) only integrates changes into the existing guide data. But resetting the EPG from the menu deletes all of the guide data so it then downloads the full guide.

My Skippa had been sitting with the power supply unplugged all weekend. When I plugged the power into my Skippa at midday today I noticed that it paused at "Checking the Time" for what seemed like a long time. When it finally finished turning on the clock was 1 hour out. At this time I didn't know that it would fix itself at 3pm so I started looking for ways to fix the clock. The first thing I tried was resetting the EPG.

It's good to know that If I was away this week that the Skippa would fix itself at 3pm.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

clip
New Shows - something wrong?

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

7 Replies
Last post July 06, 2020, 11:16:35 PM
by aeb001
clip
This show recorded successfully on device Beyonwiz U4 ... NO it hasn't

Started by BazzaG on General Discussions

11 Replies
Last post June 29, 2020, 04:33:11 PM