Author Topic: XMLTV importer problems  (Read 5546 times)

Offline sim

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
XMLTV importer problems
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:36:22 AM »
I'm in the process of setting up SageTV and so I set up the XMLTV importer for SageTV following the instructions provided on the IceTV website, but I'm not seeing it update the EPG.

It updated the first time I ran it a few days ago, but hasn't updated since.

There seems to be two problems - firstly it is not grabbing the data, my icetv.xml file never gets updated (I've tested it using the getice.bat file I created as part of the instructions, and that works, but the XMLTV importer never updates it itself).

Secondly, even if I manually update the icetv.xml file using the batch file, XMLTV importer never seems to do anything with the new data - the EPG is not updated.

Have I missed something obvious in my setup? Are there any tricks?

When I run the import, I do get a message "1 warning occurred during import, please review the logs", but I can't find any warning messages in the logs at all.

Any thoughts?

Offline tonymy01

  • Guru
  • *****
  • Posts: 740
    • View Profile
Re: XMLTV importer problems
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:04:23 AM »
Is it this issue:  http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2387.0 ?
(Test you can get to the XML download page and download XML via the browser and view it in notepad/wordpad and see if it is complete).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline sim

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: XMLTV importer problems
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:58:59 AM »
No, I think it is more of a XMLTV importer or SageTV problem ... IceTV and webget seem to be working fine for me.

Offline sim

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: XMLTV importer problems
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »
Just an update - I managed to get some help from the people who write the XMLTV importer.

It turns out that the XMLTV importer does not run the grabber when you run the import manually - only when it is run on schedule. Of course, the free version (which I was using for my initial testing), does not allow you to run it on schedule, so I wasn't able to see it working.

I installed the paid version and set up the scheduler and it is now running the webget grabber as expected.

I'm not completely sure why SageTV wasn't updating the EPG - it is at least supposed to update every 24 hours by itself. Anyway, It was suggested that I install the WebServer interface and use that to prompt an EPG reload after the importer runs ... I've set that up (it is really quite cool!) and manually forced and EPG reload and it now works.

So it looks like it is all good now.


Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Changes to XMLTV feed

Started by lukem

8 Replies
3477 Views
Last post September 12, 2011, 03:33:49 PM
by Calvi
exclamation
xmltv melbourne listings gone haywire on 9/9hd from apr 10th

Started by NiallG

0 Replies
827 Views
Last post April 05, 2010, 05:41:57 PM
by NiallG
xx
There was an error loading the XMLTV Data!

Started by freewuns

3 Replies
1027 Views
Last post November 25, 2014, 02:43:26 PM
by freewuns
xx
No EPG data found from Web XmlTv

Started by Paul55

15 Replies
1534 Views
Last post July 04, 2016, 05:40:13 PM
by Dave at IceTV