IceTV Forum

IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs => Windows Vista Media Center => Topic started by: Shane on January 24, 2008, 07:26:29 PM

Title: My PIMP 2.0.0.16 "Crashes" on Vista
Post by: Shane on January 24, 2008, 07:26:29 PM
Hi all,

The issue I experience is this: The system will be running fine, padding, recording etc. When I double click on the IceTV icon in the system tray, Windows reports IceTV has crashed and it is looking for a solution. Ice then closes.

When I start it again I can access it fine, no crashes etc - just after a while of running but it crashes again after I minimise it to system tray and try and open it again. I also notice that the app is using quite a large amount of memory (about 90meg after 30mins runtime) - could there be a mem leak here or do I have another problem causing it?

Thanks,
Shane.
Title: Re: My PIMP 2.0.0.16 "Crashes" on Vista
Post by: Pat on March 02, 2008, 07:39:55 PM
I have the same problem. Are you on Vista 64Bit?
As best I can tell IceTV is responsible for driving up memory faults and driving the disk sub system so hard that recording stutters.

Pat
Title: Re: My PIMP 2.0.0.16 "Crashes" on Vista
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 19, 2008, 09:54:31 AM
Sorry about the delay on this one guys.

This sounds like issues with the way cached tasks were handled and this is a big area that has been addressed in 2.0.0.17, the beta is available now, please download it and let us know how it goes.