IceTV Forum

IceTV General => IceTV EPG Content => Topic started by: aeb001 on September 26, 2020, 01:06:30 PM

Title: Letterkenny
Post by: aeb001 on September 26, 2020, 01:06:30 PM
Letterkenny - 'Series 4: Episode 12' - SBS VICELAND HD, 9:45pm, Thu, 1 Oct 2020, 30 minutes < season 4 is only 6 or 7 episodes long depending on which website you look at.
https://www.crave.ca/en/tv-shows/letterkenny < producers
https://www.tvbuzer.com/tv-shows/Letterkenny/
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/letterkenny
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterkenny_(TV_series)#Episodes < best version
Title: Re: Letterkenny
Post by: GaiO IceTV on September 26, 2020, 03:33:47 PM
Hi Adrian,

As you are aware we take our information directly from SBS and these are the series and ep details they have supplied us with (and it is the same on their website).  Possibly you may need to contact them directly if you think they are in error.
Regards
Gai
Post by: aeb001 on September 26, 2020, 07:09:14 PM
@md if sbs provide wrong details but you have the opportunity to correct them / add episode details like name & description shouldnt your team do so?
Post by: MD on September 26, 2020, 07:21:36 PM
If we had unlimited resources we would, but we don't. That is why we rely on the help of the forum.
Post by: aeb001 on September 27, 2020, 11:07:23 AM
@md, i've given gai the correct details & she said i needed to contact SBS. please assist in correcting your guide feed with the correct provided information
Post by: aeb001 on September 29, 2020, 07:25:03 PM
@md anything please? i have no idea where we are actually up to with this show
Post by: prl on September 30, 2020, 12:43:12 PM
What SBS is calling episodes 12 & 13 from season 4 appear to actually be episodes 5 (W's Talk, Baby) & 6 (In It to Win It) from season 7, according to IMDb.
Post by: MD on September 30, 2020, 01:26:14 PM
That is true but we are trapped in a long period of using the SBS choices of series and episodes and the task of going back through it to line it up with IMBD is onerous, and for what gain on the part of the vast majority of our subscribers? Our subscribers read the press and TV guides and see the series and episodes exactly as SBS promote them with no knowledge whatsoever of IMDB.
Post by: aeb001 on September 30, 2020, 02:35:49 PM
can icetv at least put the episode names & descritpions in. that was why i was totally confused as to what is what
Post by: aeb001 on September 30, 2020, 02:44:26 PM
Just gone to SBS via google & got this as an example. On ice where the episode name would be is s04e12. Hope that makes more sense as to why i raised this in the first place
Letterkenny S4 Ep12 - W's Talk, Baby
Tanis tries to get the Irish back together
Post by: prl on September 30, 2020, 04:21:46 PM
can icetv at least put the episode names & descritpions in. that was why i was totally confused as to what is what

The reply was more to aeb001's "i have no idea where we are actually up to with this show".
Post by: GaiO IceTV on September 30, 2020, 04:50:32 PM
Hi all,
I have updated the two eps tomorrow night to reflect the episode name but they will still have the SBS numbering ie S4 E12 & E13.  I have also asked SBS if they could add these episode names going forward and to be consistent as some shows have names and others only Series and Ep numbers.  Not holding my breath but we'll see!
Gai
Post by: aeb001 on September 30, 2020, 06:13:33 PM
Thanks Gai. Didnt realise they were adding the names to their website but not the feed to you. Thats just plain lazy from them.
Post by: raymondjpg on October 01, 2020, 11:44:44 AM
Thanks Gai. Didnt realise they were adding the names to their website but not the feed to you. Thats just plain lazy from them.

I don't know if it is laziness, ignorance or capriciousness, but SBS has quite a bit of form recently for creative rebadging of a number of shows. I've seen it and pointed it out with some of Tony Robinson's shows, a number of train journey shows, and Agatha Christie's Criminal Games. The latter was a renumbering of series and episodes that did not accord with previously published information.

I think I've made the point previously that this to me is unacceptable behaviour for a publicly funded broadcaster. One can only hope that someone, somewhere, is in a position to influence SBS to the extent that whoever is responsible is replaced by someone who understands the value of, and adheres to, consistency with publicly available metadata.
Post by: MD on October 01, 2020, 04:44:39 PM
Good luck with that one, we've tried and are trying again!
Post by: aeb001 on October 01, 2020, 06:49:43 PM
as long as episodes names are posted by Ice giving me something to reference against I'll be happy. Raymond your welcome to petition 7 while your at it to get them to use the correct episode details for Pawn Stars, etc etc etc. Jus about every network has at least one show they screw up royally with season / episode numbering