IceTV Forum

IceTV General => IceTV EPG Content => Topic started by: JayseeandDali on June 13, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Title: "No matching service"?
Post by: JayseeandDali on June 13, 2017, 04:13:13 PM
I've just attempted via the IceTV webpage to schedule a series recording for Extreme Railways Journeys on SBS HD (Region: NSW-Newcastle LCN:30). The "notification of failed timer" email I received says this ...

Show Name:   Extreme Railways Journeys
Channel:   SBS HD
Time:   2017-Jun-14 19:30:00
Duration:   65
Device Label:   Beyonwiz T4
Device Type:   Beyonwiz T4
Message from recorder:   No matching service
Last Updated:   2017-06-13 16:03:53

What does "no matching service" mean exactly? I set a series record for Fargo on SBS HD and it works fine.
Title: Re: "No matching service"?
Post by: prl on June 13, 2017, 06:25:11 PM
What version of the Beyonwiz firmware are you running? There's an old bug that causes a "no matching service" error to be reported when the actual error is "timer conflict" (too many timers on different broadcasters).
Post by: JayseeandDali on June 14, 2017, 03:25:52 PM
Thanks Peter ...

I deleted an existing timer and "Extreme Railways Journeys" is fine now.

And yes, it'd be the bug you speak of which I didn't know about.

I've been a bit lazy and haven't updated to v16.1 as yet but I shall.

I appreciate your assistance.
Post by: prl on June 14, 2017, 05:04:50 PM
Thanks Peter ...

I deleted an existing timer and "Extreme Railways Journeys" is fine now.

And yes, it'd be the bug you speak of which I didn't know about.

I've been a bit lazy and haven't updated to v16.1 as yet but I shall.

I appreciate your assistance.

No problem.

v16.1 isn't a firmware version. It's a state of the merging from other upstream implementations of the enigma2 application that runs everything. Somehow it escaped into the Beyonwiz forum in the guise of a firmware version number.

The latest official firmware (http://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11006) version is 20170310.

There's a known bug in 20170310 (and also in the latest beta 20170422) that stops the Dreamplex plugin from working. There's a fix in the pipeline, but it's not even available in beta yet.

If you don't use Dreamplex, there's no reason not to upgrade, though it's a bit tedious, because you have to reconfigure all your settings manually.

Unfortunately, if you do use Dreamplex, there isn't a firmware version that fixes the IceTV plugin bug, but doesn't cause the Dreamplex one. There is an
alpha patch (http://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11011&start=60#p153325) that fixes the Dreamplex bug, but installation isn't for the faint of heart :)
Post by: Andrew Smith on December 24, 2017, 10:47:01 AM
I've just landed here after getting the same error message on the T4 using the latest firmware.  I think it might be legit this time as a re-scan of the tuners meant that "ABC HD" is now available as a channel.

Andrew