IceTV Forum

IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs => Beyonwiz => Topic started by: eafywan on May 28, 2017, 09:10:13 AM

Title: Missing recordings - timer log
Post by: eafywan on May 28, 2017, 09:10:13 AM
Hi all, I have a T4 connected to ICE which works great when it is working. However, lately there are recordings that just go missing randomly. The missing timers are not in the list of completed recordings in the T4 and they are't sitting there waiting past the record date.

For example, a few weeks ago, the movie John Wick was on, I set it to record a one time only. The date and time passed, the movie did not record and it wasn't in the list of waiting or completed timers. The same thing happened again on Friday night with the Graham Norton Show which was a single recording.

I have verified that these timers are synced in the ICE TV app prior to the date, is there a viewable log to see what happened, why the ICE server has "chosen" to remove it or whether the T4 has done it etc? I recently deleted the ICE guide from the T4, reset it all from scratch but continue to have missed recordings.
Title: Re: Missing recordings - timer log
Post by: prl on May 29, 2017, 01:04:32 PM
There is an IceTV log, accessed through MENU>IceTV>Show log, but it's cleared on shutdown, reboot or GUI restart, so you may not have the relevant part of the log available any more.

I'm not sure what you mean by "deleted the ICE guide from the T4", but you can get a full resend of both the EPG and all timers by doing MENU>IceTV>Disable IceTV on the T4, "Resend all recordings for this device" on the IceTV Web page, then on the T4 MENU>IceTV>Enable IceTV and then MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now.

When you do that you should see entries for all timers either being updated (for both newly created timers and updates of existing timers), deleted (if they have been removed on the IceTV server side since the last timer update to the T4, or an error. Unfortunately, the deletion messages don't say which timer has been deleted, if there are deletions.

You should then be able to check timer updates logged against timers in the timers list.
Post by: eafywan on May 29, 2017, 04:09:02 PM
Hi Peter, thanks for that, I'll check the logs as it has been a while since the GUI has been restarted. I believe I went through that process to reinitialise the ICE EPG and timers, I am fairly certain I had to set it all up again from scratch since the last major firmware update (USB only) which was sometime in the last couple of months from memory.
Post by: prl on May 29, 2017, 05:21:12 PM
You can page back and forward in the log using the UP/DOWN remote buttons. The log isn't limited in length while the GUI stays running, and it isn't cleared if you disable IceTV (MENU>IceTV>Disable IceTV).

Unfortunately, the IceTV log isn't saved to a file, so it's not possible to search the log entries or cut/psate snippets from the log.
Post by: grumpy_geoff on May 29, 2017, 08:38:30 PM
You can page back and forward in the log using the UP/DOWN remote buttons. The log isn't limited in length while the GUI stays running, ...

The Ice log doesn't extend past 40 entries on my T4 - are you seeing it extend further?
Box Uptime:   5d 9:08
As you know, I'm running your alpha fix for issue #590
Post by: eafywan on May 29, 2017, 09:09:30 PM
I'm not seeing anything prior to this afternoon, essentially there are two pages of logs. I'll keep a closer eye on it over the next week.
Post by: prl on May 30, 2017, 11:16:46 AM
You can page back and forward in the log using the UP/DOWN remote buttons. The log isn't limited in length while the GUI stays running, ...

The Ice log doesn't extend past 40 entries on my T4 - are you seeing it extend further?

You're right, I didn't look deeply enough at the code. The log only shows the last 40 log entries.
Post by: eafywan on June 12, 2017, 04:57:33 PM
I didn't catch the log file in time but the Graham Norton Show didn't record again last Friday. Is anyone from ICE able to check their server log and see what the issue was? It was on WIN HD Toowoomba, we record plenty of shows from the same channel that work OK. The only difference is that this was set as a single recording not a series recording. Once again, no notification of a failed recording. I am happy to provide any further info needed, just let me know.
Post by: prl on June 12, 2017, 05:34:05 PM
Is there still a (finished) timer entry set on the Beyonwiz for Graham Norton? The finished timers follow the active and waiting timers in the Beyonwiz's timer list (TIMER button from live TV).

If there is a timer entry, what's in the timer's log? (Navigate to the timer in the TIMER list and press INFO to get the timer log)

Did you notice whether a timer was sent to the Beyonwiz after you set it on IceTV?

A timer log for a timer that runs normally should have:
activating state 1
Found enough space to record
Filename calculated as: filename path
prepare ok, waiting for begin
activating state 2
start recording
activating state 3
stop recording

The timestamps on the "start recording" and "stop recording" entries should correspond with the timer start and end times.
Post by: eafywan on June 12, 2017, 06:42:03 PM
Is there still a (finished) timer entry set on the Beyonwiz for Graham Norton?

Hi Prl, there is no entry in the expired timers for the GNS. I can't say with 100% certainty the timer was sent however it definitely registered as sent in the app as the red donut turned to a red circle shortly after the timer was added. I got a PM from MD with a link to clear the cache so I'll try that.
Post by: MD on June 12, 2017, 06:55:50 PM
Hi, The problem is that a red dit only means that IceTV has sent the recording.  If the T4 has a problem it should send back a waring symbol but if it's got in a knot nothingncomes back so IceTV thinks all is OK and the phone app shows the same.  prl - any comments?

Our "dream" is to get proper tight IceTV integration so we can both see and control the PVR from IceTV, not have this separation ping-pong in the dark where if the PVR isn't setting correctly IceTV can't get at it remotely to solve it.  As pay tv networks do.
Post by: prl on June 12, 2017, 07:15:14 PM
Hi, The problem is that a red dit only means that IceTV has sent the recording.  If the T4 has a problem it should send back a waring symbol but if it's got in a knot nothingncomes back so IceTV thinks all is OK and the phone app shows the same.  prl - any comments?

Sometimes a timer will be sent from IceTV to the Beyonwiz, the Beyonwiz sets the timer and acknowledges, but the timer icon doesn't changed from "queued" to "set" ("hollow" icon to "solid" icon) on the IceTV server side. But the timer is set on the Beyonwiz. Usually the next time a timer is sent from IceTV, IceTV's display for the timer will be updated. But this does not seem to be eafywan's problem.

The Beyonwiz IceTV plugin does send a failure response to the IceTV server if it can't set the timer, but it appears to have sent a "timer set OK" response in eafywan's case.

It's hard now to be sure whether the problem was that the Beyonwiz sent a "timer set OK" response without actually setting the timer, or whether the timer was set but later deleted for some reason.
Post by: eafywan on June 12, 2017, 07:18:03 PM
Thanks all, I have now done the cache clearing process. The timers have all been resent and I can confirm in timers list on the T4 that all timers have been sent. I'll see how it goes.
Post by: eafywan on June 19, 2017, 12:15:05 PM
Another recording has completely vanished. I set the Graham Norton Show to record last Friday night as usual. Note that I only ever do a single recording, not series recording for this show (depends on who he is interviewing).

I verified that after the red circle filled in to solid red that the timer was set on the T4, which it was. I am unable to check the T4 until Saturday night, which I did and there was no Graham Norton Show. The timer that was in the list was gone completely, not still waiting and not in the completed timers. So I am still none the wiser what is causing this timer to vanish. I set the timer earlier in the week, it was in the list of timers right up until Thursday night.

I think I will change the Ice TV retrieval time on the T4 so that there is a longer time frame kept in the Ice TV log list to see if there is anything there removing this timer.
Post by: prl on June 19, 2017, 12:59:16 PM
Could you post when you next set a single Graham Norton Show timer and I'll set a parallel timer, and see if I can catch something in the debug logs (if it disappears for me, too).

I assume that you are setting the timers through the IceTV Web page, rather than from the Beyonwiz UI?
Post by: eafywan on June 19, 2017, 02:44:17 PM
Thanks Peter, I have set the next one to record this coming Friday night. For me, it is on at 8:30pm on WIN HD. I am in the Toowoomba region and I set recordings from the smartphone app usually. I rarely use the web browser to set timers however this time I used it to set this upcoming episode to see if it makes a difference. I have also changed the ICE server contact time from 15 minutes to 12 hours to give me more time to check the timer logs on the T4.
Post by: prl on June 19, 2017, 04:26:08 PM
OK, I've also set a single IceTV timer on The Graham Norton Show 20:30 Fri 23 Jun WIN HD. I'll see how it goes.

The timer was certainly set on the PVR initially.
Post by: prl on June 22, 2017, 05:18:27 PM
The one-off IceTV timer I set for The Graham Norton show Fri 20:30 WIN HD is still there.
Post by: eafywan on June 22, 2017, 05:21:36 PM
Mine too at this stage. With the update time set to 12 hours, I a have a couple of days worth of logs so if it goes missing again, we should see it in the log.
Post by: eafywan on June 23, 2017, 02:44:23 PM
OK, timer is now gone and I am unable to add it. I checked the T4 ICE log and it shows that the timer was deleted. If I re-ad it, and then re-synchronise the timers manually, it doesn't add it. It disappears in the ICE TV app as well.

UPDATE: If I create the timer from the ICE guide in the T4, then look at the ICE TV my week, it is now showing that the timer is set and it also shows in the T4 ICE TV log that the timer was created successfully.
Post by: eafywan on June 23, 2017, 03:03:22 PM
OK, there is definitely a random issue with adding single timers. I added about 5 or 6 Big Bang Theory timers this morning and now they are all gone. Not showing in the app or the T4.
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 23, 2017, 04:24:23 PM
Hi eafywan,

I have turned on some additional logging on your account, please try a timer in the same manner and let me know which showing it was so I can check the back and forth on the IceTV server end.
Post by: eafywan on June 23, 2017, 04:35:26 PM
Thanks Daniel, I have just tried to set 3 x Big Bang Theory. 25/6 7pm 7Flix, 7:30pm 7Flix, 26/6 8:45pm SC 9HD. I forced an update via the T4 and the only timer that has added is the 26/6 one. Hope that helps.
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 23, 2017, 04:55:39 PM
I think I can see what is happening, testing a fix now.
Post by: prl on June 23, 2017, 05:13:48 PM
My once-off timer on the Graham Norton show tonight is still there.
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 23, 2017, 05:59:37 PM
Ok, all fixed up now.
Post by: grumpy_geoff on June 23, 2017, 09:47:37 PM
The one-off IceTV timer I set for The Graham Norton show Fri 20:30 WIN HD is still there.

For some reason, my single IceTV timer for The Graham Norton Show was deleted by IceTV at 05:31:58 this morning (Fri) -

,"timers":[
  {"id":"1497915728",
   "device_id":"176230",
   "channel_id":"2624",
   "name":"",
   "show_id":"132777172","start_time":"2017-06-23T12:30:00+00:00","duration_minutes":"60",
   "action":"forget",
   "state":"waiting",
   "message":"Will record on Beyonwiz T4",
   "series_recording_id":"0",
   "keyword_id":"0"
  }
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 24, 2017, 11:13:11 AM
Hi Geoff,

We must apologise for this one, the issue has been fixed for all future one off timers, but it looks like some slipped through the cracks and didn't get re-scheduled after the fix was put in place.
Post by: eafywan on June 24, 2017, 06:25:05 PM
Still having issues with this. After all this, the Graham Norton Show didn't record. I have set it to record tomorrow night instead so hopefully that works. The main issue I have now is that I am trying to add some more timers for Big Bang Theory and the timers don't get added at all. If I add it via the android app, it doesn't show a red circle at all. I have tried resending all timers to the PVR but still not setting. Trying via the website on PC shows a hollow red circle until the page refreshes and then gone again. The ones I am trying to add are the 2013 series episodes on Thursday the 29th on 7mate. There are 4 or 5 episodes all doing the same thing. Also the new episode "The Comic Con Conundrum" on Monday the 26th is showing as a hollow red circle however there is a timer set on the T4 for it.
Post by: Brainz on June 24, 2017, 10:56:59 PM
I am have the same problems as EAFYWAN on my T2.
I can add single timers until I am blue in the face and only 1 or 2 get through.  They disappear from the app and the website.  This has been happening since the 22nd of this month.
It does not affect anything I have sent to my DP lite-i.
I have had to manually add timers to the T2 for 2 days now and I am not happy.  I rarely use my phone whilst out to do scheduling but of course I needed to on Thursday because I was not able to get home and it was a failure.  The annoying thing is seeing my manual timers upload to IceTV and appear in the app and website as if there is nothing wrong.
I have cleared timers, resent from IceTV, rebooted all devices and even restarted the network just in case.  It does not work.
Post by: Brainz on June 25, 2017, 09:57:47 AM
I scheduled the 4 shows below using the Android App.  As you can see, only 2 of them made it to my T2.
Once again I will have to manually set more than a dozen timers just for today or disable IcetTV and use autotimers on the T2.
The only other option is DP Lite-i which still works with IceTV (AFAIK) but is on its last legs.

Sunday, June 25
11:00am  Scheduled to record Favourite Home And Away 7TWO
12:30pm  Favourite Operation Repo ONE
1:00pm    Scheduled to record Favourite Neighbours Eleven
1:00pm    Favourite Motor Sport: Speedweek 2017 - Episode 26 SBS HD

Not happy with the service at the moment!!
Post by: MD on June 25, 2017, 10:00:23 AM
Hi,

Could you post this as a Support ticket then it gets properly in to the system?  PM with your username.
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 25, 2017, 06:32:59 PM
Still having issues with this. After all this, the Graham Norton Show didn't record. I have set it to record tomorrow night instead so hopefully that works. The main issue I have now is that I am trying to add some more timers for Big Bang Theory and the timers don't get added at all. If I add it via the android app, it doesn't show a red circle at all. I have tried resending all timers to the PVR but still not setting. Trying via the website on PC shows a hollow red circle until the page refreshes and then gone again. The ones I am trying to add are the 2013 series episodes on Thursday the 29th on 7mate. There are 4 or 5 episodes all doing the same thing. Also the new episode "The Comic Con Conundrum" on Monday the 26th is showing as a hollow red circle however there is a timer set on the T4 for it.

Hi eafywan,

The issue setting one off timers from the apps specifically (it was fine from the website and from the PVR) has been fixed, and all of the timers that 'disappeared' have been re-scheduled. Anyone else affected by this will have the timers that didn't get set back within the next hour or so.
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 25, 2017, 06:35:38 PM
I scheduled the 4 shows below using the Android App.  As you can see, only 2 of them made it to my T2.
Once again I will have to manually set more than a dozen timers just for today or disable IcetTV and use autotimers on the T2.
The only other option is DP Lite-i which still works with IceTV (AFAIK) but is on its last legs.

Sunday, June 25
11:00am  Scheduled to record Favourite Home And Away 7TWO
12:30pm  Favourite Operation Repo ONE
1:00pm    Scheduled to record Favourite Neighbours Eleven
1:00pm    Favourite Motor Sport: Speedweek 2017 - Episode 26 SBS HD

Not happy with the service at the moment!!

Hi Brainz,

As per the previous post, this has been fixed.
Post by: Brainz on June 25, 2017, 09:27:51 PM
Working fine now.  Thanks Daniel
Post by: prl on June 26, 2017, 01:01:09 PM
While we're on the subject of issues with recording using the app, may I raise a reminder about Recording one-off shows and other problems with Recommendations (http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/smart-recording-on-android/36/recording-one-off-shows-and-other-problems-with-recommendations/5501/)?
Post by: eafywan on June 27, 2017, 08:29:24 AM
Thanks Daniel, appears to be working fine again and the BBT single episodes are queued now.