IceTV Forum

IceTV General => IceTV EPG Content => Topic started by: csutak40 on February 24, 2016, 03:31:36 AM

Title: NCIS LA starting late?
Post by: csutak40 on February 24, 2016, 03:31:36 AM
Ever since its return, I have missed the end of this show every week.  I have a 20 minute padding on it, which still isn't enough, so obviously, the starting time must be incorrect
Title: Re: NCIS LA starting late?
Post by: IanL-S on February 24, 2016, 07:57:45 AM
I have not missed the end - I added an extra 30 manually to allow for the "reality" program that is one before it as it nearly always runs over time. I have been having similar issues with Nine network. Not sure if that is due to IceTV getting it wrong or the network changing the length of earlier programs at short notice.

Ian
Post by: John on February 24, 2016, 10:05:19 AM
This is definitely a case of the networks running well over their advertised show times. We will do the best we can and keep a close eye on some of the reality shows that tend to stretch the outer limits and amend our schedule accordingly.
Post by: raymondjpg on February 24, 2016, 10:17:47 AM
This is definitely a case of the networks running well over their advertised show times. We will do the best we can and keep a close eye on some of the reality shows that tend to stretch the outer limits and amend our schedule accordingly.

My suggestion - unless you can see a change of scheduling in the OTA EPG it would probably be better to leave extension of padding to the discretion of the user. Not only reality shows, but cricket and sometimes unfortunate newsworthy events will also take precedence over scheduled programs. I don't think you'll ever win trying to double guess the networks on overruns that are not reflected in their EPGs.
Post by: prl on February 24, 2016, 11:43:23 AM
... some of the reality shows that tend to stretch the outer limits ...

Sometimes eye-wateringly so. The final of one of the early Big Brother seasons went more than 50min over its scheduled time.
Post by: Tezza007 on February 24, 2016, 02:36:34 PM
But it was must watch TV  ::)