IceTV Forum

IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs => Humax => Topic started by: Hender90 on February 15, 2013, 09:10:03 PM

Title: Help with Ice TV Guide after move.
Post by: Hender90 on February 15, 2013, 09:10:03 PM
Hey guys. I have a Humax 7500T. I have recently moved house and have been without internet (and Ice TV) until yesterday. Now at my old house I never had a problem with the guide at all.

Now when I moved into the new place I had too switch back to the Humax EPG until I got the net sorted out. Now last night I got the net back and set up the WIFI. All went well. Then I switched the EPG back to Ice and now the issues start.

Most of the time I can log in fine but no guide ever comes up its blank. After about 20mins I press guide and it says 'In order to access Ice TV, you must log in. So I try again and sometimes I get a message saying, 'Could not log in due too an Ice TV server problem. Then I try and log in again and its fine but still no guide and still 20mins later it wants me to log in again. I have just tried a factory reset to no avail. Is there anyone that has had this problem before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Ryan.
Title: Re: Help with Ice TV Guide after move.
Post by: Dave at IceTV on February 17, 2013, 10:44:23 PM
Hi Ryan,

The Humax will behave as you describe if it is having trouble communicating the IceTV server. This can caused by either an Internet speed/quality issue or a local network issue.

If you are using wireless, please see our Humax wireless troubleshooting tips here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20383062-Wireless-Troubleshooting-Tips
Post by: swamprat96 on February 18, 2013, 06:50:19 AM
Just to back up Dave - I had similar problems with my wifi and same symptoms. Now using ethernet over power and had no problems since. If the wifi is strong the issue won't appear- but anything under half strength will cause issues. If you have an android device there's a wifi tester app that helped me find the problem
Post by: Hender90 on February 18, 2013, 01:39:06 PM
Thanks for all your help guys. It looks like we have solved the issue! I put a USB extension cable on the wifi dongle and seems to be ok at the moment. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the help Dave.