IceTV Forum

IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs => Windows Vista Media Center => Topic started by: Darrall on July 02, 2006, 01:02:12 PM

Title: PIMP does absolutely nothing!
Post by: Darrall on July 02, 2006, 01:02:12 PM
I have an iMac running OSX 10.4.4 and Elgato eyeTV. I have been running the iceTV widget OK. However when I installed the MacPIMP software, I just get the preferences panel. It does UPDATE OK and picks up my channel selections. However, nothing else happens. Is it supposed to log on to the PIMP server automatically?
When I go to the iceTV website and try to log in at the "Welcome to PIMP" screen, again, nothing happens.
So. What is PIMP actually supposed to do? ???
Title: Re: PIMP does absolutely nothing!
Post by: Shane on July 02, 2006, 06:22:02 PM
If you've registered for PIMP ensure you have the following:

1. Added a device via the PIMP online site, under options - call it EyeTV or similar, set as device 0
2. Ensure MacPIMP software is running with your account details, and device set to default.
3. Via the online PIMP interface, choose the programs you want to record.
4. Check to make sure MacPIMP is reporting no errors (at the moment it doesn't like email addresses as a username - will be fixed next release)
5. As long as MacPIMP remains running, it will check the site every 5 mins, and set EyeTV to record the programs you have set online.

That's it - you can now remotely set your EyeTV to record programs from anywhere that has a web browser (including your mobile phone) - just login to the PIMP page at http://www.icetv.com.au

Regards,
Shane.
Title: Re: PIMP does absolutely nothing!
Post by: laconic on July 03, 2006, 09:43:43 PM
Will Pimp be available for Topfield pvrs? If so what is the timeframe?
Sincerly
Matthew
Happy Icetv subscriber. (thanks for the 12month bonus!)