IceTV Forum

IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs => Windows 7 Media Center => Topic started by: Adrian3 on April 05, 2010, 08:50:29 PM

Title: Interactive is NOT compatible with Windows 7 Media Center
Post by: Adrian3 on April 05, 2010, 08:50:29 PM
Don't even bother using it - it gives you a false sense of security, it may seem to be working for a while - but eventually it will bite you in the ass.

It does NOT work with series recording on Media Centre - this week I've had it unschedule shows that I want to record and replace them with totally unrelated shows that I have no interest in.

Read some of the posts in this thread for more details: title keyword recordings not working as expected (http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2454.msg12203#msg12203)

This page:
Compatibility (http://www.icetv.com.au/about/compatibility.shtml) mentions that it is compatible - but that is far from my experience.

Is there any chance that the Windows application will be fixed? Soon? I really like the features that Interactive offers - but I just can't use it if I can't be sure that it will schedule the correct shows.
Title: Re: Interactive is NOT compatible with Windows 7 Media Center
Post by: tvmandan on April 05, 2010, 09:24:08 PM
I think you'll find that all of the problems you mentioned were due to problems with how IceTV handled the daylight savings change on Windows 7 Media Center. I had the same problems you've mentioned but I think you'll find that the unrelated shows were close to the time slot of the show you intended to record and somehow IceTV couldn't manage the daylight savings transition so set shows to record in the time slot before the one you intended to record.

My experience has been pretty good so far and version 3.0.0.10 seems to be reliable although I would love to see hard-padding control so that we can force media center to use two different tuners for back to back recordings.

I do hope the daylight savings problem is fixed for the transition back to daylight savings later this year. Stick with it for a while longer as I think you'll find it's pretty reliable (with the exception of daylight savings!)
Post by: tvmandan on April 05, 2010, 09:25:35 PM
Funny, speaking of IceTV's poor handing of daylight savings.......my forum post is marked one hour later than what I posted it.  :P
Post by: Adrian3 on April 05, 2010, 09:59:28 PM
I wouldn't have thought daylight savings should affect me as I'm in Perth and we don't have daylight savings any more.
Post by: A_G on April 07, 2010, 09:33:51 AM
I don't see how this could be daylight saving related (but admit i could be wront) as i have had the same problem and the shows were showing up before DST.
Post by: dJOS on June 07, 2010, 02:15:05 PM
I agree with the OP, IceTV are trying to treat 7MC like a dumb PVR and it doesn't work!!!

Until they start using the built in series/record functions, support hard padding, support extra metadata with thumbnails, add channel logo's and merely maintain the list of shows/series to record I wont touch it!!

I use the excellent IceTV EPG Data via BigScreenEPG + BSE by Remote intead!

PS. IceTV, stop sending me emails telling me about the great features I could be using that dont work properly with 7MC, Im not interested!  ::)
Post by: dgaust on June 17, 2010, 02:28:40 PM
The unregister for notifications.
Post by: dJOS on June 17, 2010, 02:31:26 PM
I like the general notifications I just get annoyed with the "why aren't you using these features" emails.