IceTV Forum

IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs => Windows Vista Media Center => Topic started by: bodogbodog on January 19, 2010, 09:28:08 PM

Title: What has changed in IceTV Version 3.0.0.8?
Post by: bodogbodog on January 19, 2010, 09:28:08 PM
Is there any chance of posting what has changed in version 3.0.0.8?

Whats fixed? - hopefully pre and post padding - and the issues with series recording settings

It would sure be nice to know what to expect from it
Title: Re: What has changed in IceTV Version 3.0.0.8?
Post by: Nudge on January 20, 2010, 05:32:18 AM
I can't get the epg to upload now after installing 3.0.0.8.

Keep getting error 'Warn  Exception System. Invalid Operation Exception - Sequence contains no elements"

Will keep trying before rolling out to other machines.

Nudge
Post by: Addman on January 20, 2010, 05:47:11 AM
I can't get the epg to upload now after installing 3.0.0.8.

Keep getting error 'Warn  Exception System. Invalid Operation Exception - Sequence contains no elements"

Will keep trying before rolling out to other machines.

Nudge

I experienced the same thing when I first installed 3.0.0.8, but after uninstalling it, then reinstalling I was able to get the EPG to load and install, but I'm still getting that error message.

Apologies for the size of the image.

(http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac65/Addman69/20-01-20105-30-22AM.png)
Post by: aval on January 20, 2010, 08:38:04 AM
Same problem here as described above, EPG won't update. Luckily i had an old version to reinstall. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Post by: bodogbodog on January 20, 2010, 09:17:20 AM
Boy am I glad I've held up "upgrading" to 3.0.0.8 - my pioneering days are over for the moment after problems and reinstlling my Media Center trying to resolve issues with Interactive
Post by: DDH on January 20, 2010, 12:19:57 PM
I'll be keen to hear what others experience.  I might take a wait and see for a few days.  I feel like I've reported enought bugs for my short time on the service.
Post by: tonymy01 on January 20, 2010, 12:37:00 PM
Mine appears to be working fine.
Post by: Nudge on January 20, 2010, 05:16:20 PM
I experienced the same thing when I first installed 3.0.0.8, but after uninstalling it, then reinstalling I was able to get the EPG to load and install, but I'm still getting that error message.

<snip>

Tried the uninstall/reinstall but still getting error and the EPG won't load red info at the bottom. Fortunately this is on my laptop for testing purposes and not my main two machines.

Nudge
Post by: nac6 on January 20, 2010, 06:51:23 PM
I haven't tried 3.0.0.8 as yet. ???

Anyone installed it, had problems and then gone back to an older version?
Post by: HairyWombat on January 20, 2010, 07:06:03 PM
I'm also having the EPG issue, but, it has at least fixed the pre-padding issue....

I've tried the un-install / re-install approach, but, no luck.
Post by: zoszos68 on January 20, 2010, 08:19:27 PM
Same issues as above get read message etc and yellow warning.
tried uninstall clean reg but still the same.

Would not auto start on reboot so had to add to startup and now it stops with a message loading epg and wont even download the guide.
So who released this mess oh well its Summer I might just enjoy the outdoors (at least I can) but for others who cant this must be frustrating.

Ok next version better fix it and where do I get an older version as sillly me overwrit them.
Kevin
Post by: zoszos68 on January 20, 2010, 08:26:20 PM
Now angry as guide wont load IceTv better fix soon or I will ring and I wont have nice things to say either.
I am paying like the rest with problems. Betas need to be marked as such. Yes version 7 had pre padding issues mine all went to defaults but now it wont load the epg at all.

Will hold of on ringing as I think many have a problem and will give them 24 hours to fix or take this further as its not a beta so I expect more.
Kevin
Post by: Nudge on January 21, 2010, 04:41:59 AM
Rolled back to 3.0.0.7, I did notice that during uninstall of 3.0.0.8 that it didn't properly remove all files, icons and registry settings - had to remove these manually.

3.0.0.7 is getting guide info fine now.

Nudge
Post by: bodogbodog on January 21, 2010, 06:29:16 AM
Although it's somewhat obvious can those who have installed 3.0.0.8 and struck problems lodge a Support Call with IceTV so they are aware of the problems that 3.0.0.8 is causing for some (so far I've only seen one person report that 3.0.0.8 is working without problems for them!)

The absence of any comment/participation from IceTV staff on these forums on this topic is a bit dissapointing
Post by: harveyge on January 21, 2010, 07:47:22 AM
Get the same message plus the following message
21/01/2010 7:45:04 AM   Info   The last EPG download was more than 2 days ago
21/01/2010 7:45:04 AM   Info   Tasks will remain queued until EPG has been downloaded

Recoprded programs do not update in Media Centre. Urgently need copy of Ice 3.0.0.7 as I have overwritten 3.0.0.7 with 3.0.0.8.
Post by: zoszos68 on January 21, 2010, 01:43:48 PM
I fixed my problem the hard way!!!!! Had to reset Media Center so tv setup had to be done again. Which means rescanning as well as series to be added but all other things stay the same.

To reset make sure hidden files and folders are shown then go to "c:/ProgramData/Microsoft/eHome" then detle the folder mcpeg "XXX" x will be a few numbers the delete the data base file of the same name.

You will also need to make sure all media centre services are stopped and programs closed (including interactive client) so it will allow you to delete them.

Not really good enough IceTV
Kevin
Post by: mr_gimlet on January 21, 2010, 03:15:41 PM
Mine's working fine
Post by: bodogbodog on January 21, 2010, 04:11:21 PM
Mine's working fine
Great news - is yours a brand new install or an update from 3.0.0.7?
Reason I ask was if you previously had 3.0.0.7 installed were you experiencing problems with it (was pre padding worknig for you for example?)
Post by: tonymy01 on January 21, 2010, 04:29:25 PM
For me, I just did an update from 3.0.0.7.   My 3.0.0.7 pre-padding was not working, 3.0.0.8 went in with nearly no hitches (just had to reselect the device and reload).
Post by: bodogbodog on January 21, 2010, 04:50:50 PM
My 3.0.0.7 pre-padding was not working, 3.0.0.8 went in with nearly no hitches (just had to reselect the device and reload).
I'm getting tempted to bite the bullet
Guess it cant get any worse...
and with a Windows Home Server backup of the client a restore is only 30 minutes away...
Post by: cam on January 21, 2010, 05:41:01 PM
I fixed my problem the hard way!!!!! Had to reset Media Center so tv setup had to be done again. Which means rescanning as well as series to be added but all other things stay the same.

For those that do want to do a re-install, I've used the following instructions previously to back up and then restore my series settings:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/03/backup-and-restore-recording-schedule.html

Post by: Dazza on January 21, 2010, 06:53:54 PM
Has anyone been game enough to update from 3.0.0.4? (after rolling back from 3.0.0.7 due to pre-padding issues)
Are there still padding issues?

Did you have to reset media center (the series recording backup from cam was a good tip!!)

Dazza

Post by: dgaust on January 21, 2010, 07:00:04 PM
The guide update is still working, even with the error (and failed EPG message).

I confirmed by checking when the data ran out (wednesday), then updating the guide. I know have data for wednesday with the data running out next thursday.
Post by: lukem on January 22, 2010, 01:56:15 AM
Release notes for 3.0.0.8:

- Fixed channel matching of IceTV Interactive channel names from website and those found in the EPG. Channels are now matched using Lcn. If Lcn is not obtainable from 7MC then will revert to original matching by Callsign.

- Fixed soft prepadding getting overwritten with an incorrect value

- Dump Interactive channel info and 7MC channel details to the log after EPG is loaded to help support track down some remote scheduling issues.
Post by: lukem on January 22, 2010, 02:14:24 AM
As some of you may already see, the EPG is actually installed OK. The problem occurs when the channel info is written to the log. An exception is thrown when trying to display what LCN(s) is for a particular channel. If no LCN is found this exception will occur and the "Failed to install EPG" message will occur.

As a workaround, you can try to disable the channel that is causing the exception to be thrown.

We are trying and we do appreciate your feedback and criticism. The internal workings of 7MC are not published so we pretty much have to figure it all out by trial and error and we get a lot of surprises, especially with all the different configurations out there.

3.0.0.9 will be released over the next few days, pending the outcome of our testing.

We also have some nice features coming up, possibly in 3.0.0.10:
- per-channel padding (incl. hard pre/post padding)
- logos
- ability to perform Media Center maintenance tasks

Post by: zoszos68 on January 22, 2010, 07:37:47 AM
As some of you may already see, the EPG is actually installed OK. The problem occurs when the channel info is written to the log. An exception is thrown when trying to display what LCN(s) is for a particular channel. If no LCN is found this exception will occur and the "Failed to install EPG" message will occur.

As a workaround, you can try to disable the channel that is causing the exception to be thrown.

We are trying and we do appreciate your feedback and criticism. The internal workings of 7MC are not published so we pretty much have to figure it all out by trial and error and we get a lot of surprises, especially with all the different configurations out there.

3.0.0.9 will be released over the next few days, pending the outcome of our testing.

We also have some nice features coming up, possibly in 3.0.0.10:

- per-channel padding (incl. hard pre/post padding)
- logos
- ability to perform Media Center maintenance tasks

Nice look forward to it oh and I do complain to easy but this week had some bad news and posted what I thought. Usually I just stay quiet lol. But you can learn from comments anyway.
Kevin
But with out comments you may not know whats wrong
Post by: bodogbodog on January 22, 2010, 07:45:32 AM
We are trying and we do appreciate your feedback and criticism

I think the community's comments are generally constructive - it's been a bit stressful with recent releases causing new issues. I would suggest that the people who frequent these IceTV forums would be amongst your most loyal customers who care enough about the service to provide that feedback
Post by: mr_gimlet on January 22, 2010, 07:50:35 AM
For me, I just did an update from 3.0.0.7.   My 3.0.0.7 pre-padding was not working, 3.0.0.8 went in with nearly no hitches (just had to reselect the device and reload).
+1
Post by: DDH on January 22, 2010, 11:55:35 AM
I went 3.0.0.8 last night as I had to do a rescan for other unrelated reasons.  All worked well except for not getting any channel matching.  I did this manully and now all my series are showing up on Intereactive.  Yet to test the padding.
Post by: Nudge on January 22, 2010, 10:29:04 PM
I went 3.0.0.8 last night as I had to do a rescan for other unrelated reasons.  All worked well except for not getting any channel matching.  I did this manully and now all my series are showing up on Intereactive.  Yet to test the padding.

I gave it another go, reset all my channels and reinstalled 3.0.0.8, still get same error messages but seems to be working OK, the interactive recording seem to be working better than 3.0.0.7,

On the interactive site I keep getting the yellow triangle error symbol for shows set on SC Ten.

DDH, by channel matching are you referring to linking the 'channel name' to the 'channel name - ICETV' in the guide settings. I seem to have matching name issues.

Nudge
Post by: DDH on January 24, 2010, 07:38:31 PM
I gave it another go, reset all my channels and reinstalled 3.0.0.8, still get same error messages but seems to be working OK, the interactive recording seem to be working better than 3.0.0.7,

On the interactive site I keep getting the yellow triangle error symbol for shows set on SC Ten.

DDH, by channel matching are you referring to linking the 'channel name' to the 'channel name - ICETV' in the guide settings. I seem to have matching name issues.

Nudge

Yes

If you are getting the yellow triangle you may well not have the "XXX- IceTV Interactive" listing linked, possibly the standard listing instead.  Have seen this previously.
Post by: Nudge on January 26, 2010, 12:27:31 PM
I spoke to soon on my partial success with 3.0.0.8, sure the guide loads for the next 7 days but after >2 days it won't schedule recordings any more. I keep getting Tasks won't be scheduled until the latest guide is downloaded??

See attach snapshot error logs.

Nudge

Post by: bodogbodog on January 26, 2010, 02:05:23 PM
I keep getting Tasks won't be scheduled until the latest guide is downloaded??

Sorry to hear that but it looks like a localised issue - mines working ok for long term scheduling - up to a week out
I do get that Exception System InvalidOperation error thats in your log as well that is highlighted
I am up to 1655869 errors though on the EPG screen in the Interactive client - now that sure doesn't sound right

Roll on version 3.0.0.9