IceTV Forum

IceTV Applications => Smart Recording website and General questions => Topic started by: ibrox on March 08, 2009, 06:53:34 PM

Title: No TV Guide (Topfield TF7100) ?
Post by: ibrox on March 08, 2009, 06:53:34 PM
Hey all,

I've had an issue the past couple of days.  I've factory reset my Tf7100 but still no joy :(.

Basically i wait for ages for the TV guide to come down, when it eventually does, its showing shows on the 14th March, on certain channels only, with a lot of information missing.

If i press TV GUIDE now, there is nothing set for today or anything.

The thing is if i schedule shows it actually schedules and records, just with no filename as the tv guide isn't there, it slowly started off with a similar issue like this :

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1640.0

Now its gone to nothing, no tv guide or anything, is anyone else having issues??

I haven't changed any firmware or settings on the topfield, i'm suspecting its an issue with icetv not sending the tv guide.

Thanks
Title: Re: No TV Guide (Topfield TF7100) ?
Post by: raymondjpg on March 08, 2009, 06:57:01 PM
Similar issues here. I have logged a request for support.
Post by: ibrox on March 08, 2009, 07:01:40 PM
Glad i'm not the only one, thought it was me for a minute, but after two factory resets i didn't think it was me :).

I've lodged a request also.

Let's hope its fixed soon.
Post by: hallycat on March 08, 2009, 07:12:32 PM
Same here but I noticed in my list of recordings that I hadn't looked at for a while there were a lot of errors going on for a while. I am on sick leave atm with some broken ribs so want to catch up but now I can't even get an EPG after two days of struggling with it.
Post by: raymondjpg on March 08, 2009, 07:41:28 PM
Same here but I noticed in my list of recordings that I hadn't looked at for a while there were a lot of errors going on for a while. I am on sick leave atm with some broken ribs so want to catch up but now I can't even get an EPG after two days of struggling with it.

That's a bummer, but you can switch to the FTA EPG (if that is still working!) while this prob is sorted out. Don't want to miss your shows.
Post by: hallycat on March 08, 2009, 11:38:09 PM
I finally got timers but with no names and no EPG when I checked LCN there was only one channel listed and that was ABC1.
This must be an IceTV issue as the current firmware has run fine since I put it on.
Post by: hallycat on March 09, 2009, 03:16:15 AM

That's a bummer, but you can switch to the FTA EPG (if that is still working!) while this prob is sorted out. Don't want to miss your shows.
I did check out FTA but that has massive gaps in it. I wonder if TiVo have these EPG problems.
Post by: Vortical on March 09, 2009, 11:34:54 AM
Same here guys I can't get any epg or timers after a factory reset over the weekend

Also can't get LCN settings to show up which probably explains why no timers are coming through
Post by: st3ph3n on March 09, 2009, 11:56:09 AM
Similar here. I have had no EPG for the last couple of days, but timers are still there and working...
Post by: Vortical on March 09, 2009, 12:00:19 PM
Similar here. I have had no EPG for the last couple of days, but timers are still there and working...

Mine were working before I performed a factory reset

THe problem is it can't retrieive the EPG and in turn the lcn settings after the factory reset
This in turn causes a problem with receiving timers.

So don't do a factory reset
Post by: st3ph3n on March 09, 2009, 12:08:39 PM

Mine were working before I performed a factory reset

THe problem is it can't retrieive the EPG and in turn the lcn settings after the factory reset
This in turn causes a problem with receiving timers.

So don't do a factory reset

I was about to until I checked here and sensed that a reset was not the go.
Strange that my account is indicating that EPG fetches are occurring, but I
seem to only get a few shows on ABC2 on Mar 14 showing up...
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 09, 2009, 12:17:34 PM
We have performed some tests on the firmware and loading the guide and it appears that the Topfield have a fixed length for descriptions of 1024 bytes. There is a description longer than that in the guide at the moment.

We have artificially limited the description field for the Topfield now to 1024 bytes and we are currently testing this on the currently released firmwares to confirm that this is working for all firmware versions.
Post by: tonymy01 on March 09, 2009, 12:23:10 PM
That is a bit of a silly limit.   The EIT standards for extended event descriptions end up being 7x249=1743 bytes if I remember correctly from fiddling with this and going in depth into the standards (ETSI EN 300 468) when building out the EPG uploader for the TF5K.
edit:
My memory is hopeless, it is 15x249=3735bytes.
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 09, 2009, 12:29:39 PM
That is a bit of a silly limit.   The EIT standards for extended event descriptions end up being 7x249=1743 bytes if I remember correctly from fiddling with this and going in depth into the standards (ETSI EN 300 468) when building out the EPG uploader for the TF5K.

You won't hear me disagreeing...  :D
Post by: ibrox on March 09, 2009, 12:49:44 PM
Thanks Daniel.

Has this "fix" been released to public yet?

Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 09, 2009, 12:51:31 PM
Thanks Daniel.

Has this "fix" been released to public yet?

Yes, this is currently available now.
Post by: tonymy01 on March 09, 2009, 01:04:07 PM
I should correct my message too, the EIT standard is actually 15x249=3735bytes!
Regards
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 09, 2009, 01:16:39 PM
This has been tested on the currently released firmwares and has fixed the issue.
Post by: ibrox on March 09, 2009, 02:15:08 PM
Thanks Daniel, i can confirm its fixed for me, i now have the TV Guide back.
Post by: raymondjpg on March 09, 2009, 03:14:05 PM
Fixed here too. But there is still the issue of some timers coming across without program names. Is it related?
Post by: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 09, 2009, 03:17:22 PM
Fixed here too. But there is still the issue of some timers coming across without program names. Is it related?

Sort of, the program name within the timer is looked up from the available guide, if the timers came through while the guide was not available it will not show the correct name but just have the channel name in there. While this won't update before recording it should take the name from the guide as the recording starts and use that for the program name.
Post by: raymondjpg on March 09, 2009, 03:23:43 PM

Sort of, the program name within the timer is looked up from the available guide, if the timers came through while the guide was not available it will not show the correct name but just have the channel name in there. While this won't update before recording it should take the name from the guide as the recording starts and use that for the program name.

Ahhhhh - thanks for the clarification.
Post by: hallycat on March 09, 2009, 04:31:56 PM
Thanks Daniel, mine is fixed too. I deleted all my timers with no program name which was all of them and the requested a resend and they all look fine now  :)
Post by: st3ph3n on March 09, 2009, 05:35:44 PM
hmm, I still have timers working OK but no EPG even though it has allegedly been fetched?
Post by: raymondjpg on March 09, 2009, 06:51:35 PM
hmm, I still have timers working OK but no EPG even though it has allegedly been fetched?

Try switching to FTA EPG, then after 15 minutes or so switch back to Ice EPG.

If this doesn't fix it, then Ice tech support has advised me (in response to a service request):

Please check what version of firmware you are using.
on the remote hit menu > information > recorder sattus and the firmware will be next to application version.

FIX

V 1.11.13
Turn machine off then on. And wait for a guide update.

V 1.11.29
You will need to re install Ice TV again, so firstly reset factory defaults setup time zone > scan channels > edit network settings and setup EPG details.
As a reset will delete upcoming recordings you will need to go onto our website and select my account > interactive(on the side) > and hit resend all recordings.
Post by: st3ph3n on March 09, 2009, 07:55:49 PM
Tried the switch to FTA EPG. No go.
EPG (after switch back) is either empty for most channels or has entries for Wednesday
followed by next Monday - a complete mess.
Thanks for the advice, I will go the reset as I am on the latest firmware.
Cheers.
(If I got a $ for every minute I spent farting around with this TF7100
since it was released I would be a happy man!)
Post by: Fester on March 10, 2009, 10:42:23 PM
Tried the "fix" for V 1.11.29 as posted above. My ICE EPG displays mostly correctly for most channels initially, but if I scroll through the channels the EPG suddenly goes ahead a few days! The FTA EPG is fine and all displayed channels are populated. Just a problem with the ICE EPG and has only started this behaviour recently. I am not overly concerned as I rarely look at the PVR EPG and do most timers on the website.
Post by: wally3218 on March 11, 2009, 04:45:31 PM
I thought I had got it working ok now using application v1.11.29 (20090112)
I have IceTV epg switched between air and Ice guide a few times to get it working but now find my timers are comming thru with no file names.
Might try the newer Beta Firmware version and see how it goes.
Post by: Fester on March 11, 2009, 09:47:49 PM
Had two timers for tonight, neither recorded!! Now I am getting pee'd off!!
Post by: wally3218 on March 12, 2009, 04:15:16 PM
Am still loosing the  EPG so the problems still there.
What version of the firmware are all of you using I was using v1.11.13 (20081029) and upgraded to v1.11.29 (20090112) havent tried the latest beta version.