IceTV Forum

IceTV General => General Discussions => Topic started by: klue on January 29, 2009, 12:01:46 PM

Title: Using IceBox2 as a wireless Access Point
Post by: klue on January 29, 2009, 12:01:46 PM
Hiyall

Wireless newbie here...

I have the IceBox2 (Asus WL500G Deluxe Network Bridge) connected to my broadband via ETHERNET.

I was wondering if it is possible to have the wireless antenna turned on as an access point,  so that i could use it to connect my Laptop, wirelessly, to my broadband?

Also, can I use one of the the 4x Lan ports on the Icebox2 to connect my PS3 to my broadband?  I don’t want to run the PS3 wireless, as I want as little lag as possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

cheers,
Klue
Title: Re: Using IceBox2 as a wireless Access Point
Post by: tonymy01 on January 29, 2009, 12:16:44 PM
Do you still want it to plug into the Toppy USB?  If so, you will have to keep it as a dumb bridge unless you really know what you are doing in regards to getting ftpd-topfield running on it.  You will need to flash it with either the original firmware or Olegs or OpenWRT to get it back to being a router rather than dumb(-ish) bridge.
Title: Re: Using IceBox2 as a wireless Access Point
Post by: klue on January 29, 2009, 12:22:37 PM
Yea it's the USB host for the toppy...  i work in IT so i understand how most networking works - just not sure about custom firmwares, etc...

Can you give me an brief overview of what/how ftpd-topfield works?

Thanks heaps :)