NASCAR "Series" Still not fixed! Why are they still Event Specific?

Started by dJOS, February 21, 2008, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

ICE Guy's, can you please fix the NASCAR listings as media Center owners cant set series recordings!

I, and im sure many other paying ICE customers, would like to be able to set series recordings for either 1 or both of the 2 NASCAR series and until ICE start titling NASCAR events properly (eg just like any other series ICE have previously shown in their guide) paying ICE customers cant do this!

eg:

Title: Motor Sport: NASCAR Nationwide Series
Subtitle:  2008 Camping World 300 at Daytona International Speedway
Description: NASCAR Nationwide Series for 2008 starts in Daytona for the Orbitz 300.

and

Title: Motor Sport: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Subtitle: 2008 Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway
Description: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for 2008 starts with the classic Daytona 500.

and

Title:Motor Sport: NASCAR - Nationwide Series
Subtitle:Stater Brothers 300
Description: Once again, California Speedway hosts the second race of the NASCAR Nationwide Series, the Stater Brothers 300. This year it's being held on the same day as the San Bernardino County 200 Craftsman Truck races. Last year's winner Matt Kenseth is sitting 5th on the table after just one race with Tony Stewart leading the series from his Toyota teammate Kyle Busch.

It took me 1 Google search on "Stater Brothers 300" to find that is was part of the Nationwide Series!

Seriously guy's im only asking for changes that will improve the ICE TV service for Media Center users who dont have the luxury of TED/S for the Toppy 5000 which can have series records based on keywords combined with logic algorithms.

I really cant imagine why this wasn't done in the first place?
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

amandaandjustin

Djos is spot on - this is very annoying. Surely it can't be that hard.  >:(

dJOS

This is still not sorted guy's  ???

The 1st attached image clearly shows that ICE now understand which series are which, but are still continuing to make them event based not series based like they should be.

The 2nd attachment (Sams Town 300) has a description that is clearly not correct, it looks to me like it's from an olympic swimming show or something???
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Cmon Ice, It's been over a month since I first brought this to your Attention, how about

a/ a response

&

b/ some action

????
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Wow, ice service sinks to a new low and 6 weeks later still nothing!!!

Cmon ICE ppl, it's not like fixing this will break ppls Remote Series Timers .... CAUSE WE CANT SET THEM NOW ANYWAY!!!
My Home Theatre Project

Mitch IceGuide

It will remain in the format started this season FOR the remainder of the season. As you have been told on numerous occassions, this HAS been discussed here at IceTV. You already knew that before your latest posts, so I'm assuming you're angry because it's not been changed ala your suggestion. Feel free to post on this subject as the new season approaches. In the meantime however, there is little point.

dJOS

No im angry that Im paying for a service specifically designed to allow for "series recording" and yet I cant use it because ICE staff like you are unable to admit they made a mistake and then take corrective action!!!

I've had a discussion in private with another ice staff member who completely agrees with me but isn't in a position to do anything about it!!!
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Btw Mitch, did you know that for the "Sprint Cup Series" alone this year there are 31 races in the regular season + 10 more in the "2008 Chase for the Sprint Cup" (essentially the finals).

Sprint Cup Schedule: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NASCAR_races#Sprint_Cup_Series

Over in the "Nationwide Series" there are 34 races this year

Nationwide Schedule: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NASCAR_races#Nationwide_Series

and so what you are telling me is that you want myself and other ICE customers to manually set each race and just be grateful that we have ICE Guide, never mind the fact that ICE sold us concept of

"Change the way you watch TV forever"
"one click record" "2 channels at once" "record every episode" "play while recording"

and this is taken for the front page of icetv.com !!
My Home Theatre Project

GarFin

Quote from: djos on April 02, 2008, 04:54:59 PM
Cmon ICE ppl, it's not like fixing this will break ppls Remote Series Timers .... CAUSE WE CANT SET THEM NOW ANYWAY!!!

+1 exactly...

PLEASE IceTV , fix the issue now... as djos has correctly pointed out, its not going to break anyone's future timers, as they are already broken, due to the way the race meeting name has been incorrectly inserted into the TV Series name.

dJOS

Frankly they dont give a Sh!t about us, we are only customers and what right do we have to expect a higher level of Guide accuracy and responsive customer service!  >:(

Frankly if the gurus over at the Media Center forums ever get an all in one EIT EPG scraping Tool together I'll be cancelling my ICE subscription as Im not impressed with the lack of customer service from ICE. FFS you'd think all I did was run around bagging them, when infact I have recomended ICE guide to many many ppl and my posts about issues with ICE Guide/Remote have been intended to help ICE improve the service, yet they continue to ignore valid issues raised! 

Seriously, it takes 30 seconds to reply to a post on these forums. ::)
My Home Theatre Project

dJOS

Hmm, I think i'll just shut up now as my frustrations are boiling over.   :-[
My Home Theatre Project

zoszos68

Hi I am wondering on customer service at the moment as well. I was told I could pay by direct bank transfer which i did. One week goes by check banks etc. rang Icetv on Monday and emailed as well about why/if money received. Well no reply on email except to say my email was received and the phone call which was recorded message then they rang back an hour later. I explained by phone was told I will get a call back or am email and nothing at all.

So rang again tonight same thing answering message that was at 6:50pm and still waiting.
So I am left wondering if my $33.00 is well spent fresh air or what. All I want is someone to tell me what is going on. Will let you know what the outcome is if I ever hear from someone.

Zos

Marc

zoszos68: Do you have an account already set up? If so, please PM me your account name and I'll follow it up.