WRC title change

Started by GlenR, February 17, 2008, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenR

I had a series record set up for this year's World Rally Championship when round one was screened a couple of weeks back. Today I was browsing the guide and found round 2 wasn't recording. Checking my settings  I noticed that when I set my scheduled record it was for

Motor Sport: FIA Wold Rally Championship 2008

Today's round is titled

Motor Sport: World Rally Championships 2008

Can there please be consistancy in the naming of these events so series records can pick up each round and can you also advise which title is the correct one? Thanks.

Mitch IceGuide

Fair enough. Apologies. It will revert to :

Motor Sport: World Rally Championship

The episode will indicate the Round and location. Thanks for pointing this out. Cheers.

GlenR

Thanks Mitch. Like not having the year in the title, my series record will last more than one year.  ;)

GlenR

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on February 18, 2008, 10:25:18 AM
Fair enough. Apologies. It will revert to :

Motor Sport: World Rally Championship

The episode will indicate the Round and location. Thanks for pointing this out. Cheers.

Well, the next round is listed for next Sunday (9 March) and the title is still

Motor Sport: FIA World Rally Championship 2008

It is disappointing that we can't get consistancy in these names and assurances like this one from Mitch aren't followed through.  :(

Come on guys, it is detail like this that can undermine all the good work you do.

Mitch IceGuide

Unfortunately, this is exactly how SBS scheduled this Round. Unfortunately, our agreement with SBS / ABC does not include changing names of any programs. Why they're back and forth between commercial channels and SBS is anyone's guess. I have a PVR at home and at least once a week do a quick scan of the guide for anything I might like to record. I still suggest everyone else does the same thing.