Gold Coast Guide?

Started by alexd74, March 21, 2008, 08:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexd74

Hi,
I get the Gold Coast guide and hve been using IceTV for about 4 months.  I used to use freeepg and never had gaps in the guide content but with IceTV there is always missing content on some or more of the channels.  Is this normal?  Would I be better off using the Brisbane guide?  For example, at the moment I have no SBS HD, ABC HD, NBN HD, and only some NINE HD in the guide.  I am using the widget, MCE Vista and MediaPortal and get the same guide content in all 3.
Thanks,
Alex.

Mitch IceGuide

HI. No, the Gold Coast Guide is the one you should be using if that is where you live. From the channels you've listed as having 'gaps', it seems there is no problem with all the SD Channels? Anyhow, there's a clue, so I shall throw this one at the techs and hopefully there is a simple explanation.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

As with all regions the channels that are not doing a HD multi-channel as yet will only show the programs that are in native HD and not upscaled, the main reason is that we have no guarantee that shows that are not in native HD will even be shown on the HD channels.

There is however an option available that will allow full content to be seen on these HD channels, this is the "Copy SD to HD" function that can be set under the "My Account" section of the IceTV website. This is then applied to all HD channels that are not doing a proper HD multi-channel as yet and all of the content from the SD channels will be copied across to them.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

alexd74

I know of the SD to HD function but there is content now on HD that is not on SD an learnt the hard way when we missed a few Smallville episodes.  Is there any way of 'filling' the gaps in the HD guide from the SD without overriding any HD content that is in the guide??
Thanks.