Convert IceTV generic XML file to "iceguide_cgi.txt"

Started by crispin, April 09, 2008, 12:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crispin

Hi - not too tech here but...

Is it possible to convert the IceTV generic XML file, from the Yahoo! widget to the format required for the "iceguide_cgi.txt" file format?

I use "I Watch This" to set programs etc and the Widget to view them in Vista.

But my PVR needs "iceguide_cgi.txt" file format, so I can't upload my personal program settings etc.

Thanks for any assistance or comments.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It doesn't work that way.

The XML file that can be downloaded from the website does not include the scheduling information that is available via IceTV Remote.

The other problem is that the PVR's that use the iceguide_cgi.txt file do not have the ability to read timer information in from that particular file, so even if it could be added it wouldn't do anything on the PVR itself.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

futzle

Quote from: Daniel Hall on April 09, 2008, 11:19:43 AM
The XML file that can be downloaded from the website does not include the scheduling information that is available via IceTV Remote.

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=859.0

Speaking of which, how is that remote API going?  I get the impression that it can fulfill the same requirement as what crispin has been asking for (and which I have silently been wanting for ages).

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The Remote API will do a lot of what is being discussed here.

The Remote API is still being worked on, along with documentation for it as well. There is no firm time frame for when this will be available.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.