Errors in Southern Cross TEN Capital HD guide data in Canberra

Started by Freefall, January 16, 2008, 07:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freefall

Southern Cross 10 hasn't started offering new content on the HD channel in Canberra, so the SC10 HD guide data from Icetv is a bit out of whack.  Only a few, mostly prime time evening shows, are being broadcast on the HD channel, the rest of the time it's just the HD stock footage loop.

Shows that were listed in the IceTV guide for SC10 HD that didn't show at all on Wed 16/1 were:
5:30pm-6:30pm Ten News
6:30pm-7:00pm Neighbours
7:00pm-7:30pm Friends
7:30pm-8:30pm Don't Forget the Lyrics
10:30pm-11:30pm Over There
11:30pm-1:05am Movie: One Night At McCool's

I'll keep adding to this thread as I find more problems in the SC10 HD guide data.

Freefall

Shows that were listed in the guide for SC10 HD that didn't show (just got the HD loop instead) for Thursday 17/1:

5:00pm-5:30pm The Bold and the Beautiful
5:30pm-6:30pm Ten News
6:30pm-7:00pm Neighbours
7:00pm-7:30pm Friends
7:30pm-8:30pm Smallville
8:30pm-9:30pm Smallville
10:30pm-11:30pm The 4400
11:30pm-1:05am Movie: Urban Legends - The Final Cut

Is anyone from IceTV going to reply?  So far in the last 2 nights only 2 shows that were listed in the SC10 HD guide actually aired.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We shall have the multi-channel information removed from the Southern Cross Ten Capital HD channel for the Canberra region.

Another question though, are the Prime Southern HD listings correct for Canberra? Are Prime doing the correct multichannel, or just the demo loop like Southern Cross Ten is?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Freefall

Hi Daniel,

PrimeHD is fine, Prime are re-transmitting all of the multichannel shows from 7HD.  With regards to SC10 HD, the guide data that IceTV used to have in 2007 was fine for Canberra.  SC10 HD does still broadcast some shows in Canberra, like on Wednesday night between 8:30pm and 10:30pm (I can't remember what was on but I did verify that it was showing on SC10 HD).

jillmess

Daniel

The same thing is happening in regional Qld (Wide Bay anyway) with SC10HD.  So far the couple of HD things (Journeyman & Veronica Mars according to the IceTV Guide) I have recorded turned out to be the demo loop.  My only HD access is via my PC so I haven't bothered checking beyond the shows I was interested in.

Jill

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Southern Cross Ten for the regions that we have confirmed have been changed back to using the old data with only the confirmed HD shows listed on the HD channel (and the copy SD to HD option being applicable to it as well).

This is for:

ACT - Southern Cross Ten HD
Central Coast - Southern Cross Ten HD
QLD Regional - Southern Cross Ten HD
Tasmania - Tasmanian Digital Television HD and Southern Cross Television HD.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dgaust

I'm sure it may well be the same for Southern Cross 10 in Wollongong. They aren't re-transmitting Ten's HD feed either. I only did enough testing to see if they were still transmitting the HD loop and since they were I went back to Ten-Sydney.

Prime Southern are just re-broadcasting the Seven HD feed, so everything is fine there.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The guides have been updated to reflect this for the Wollongong region. So only the confirmed HD shows will be listed on the Wollongong Southern Cross Ten HD channel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.