Channel 7 & 10 HD Channel Content Listing

Started by bodogbodog, January 12, 2008, 09:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

I just checked my IceTV guide on my VMC and there are now some entries appearing for 7 and 10 HD channels (nothing for the next few days with entries starting on Wednesday 16 January) - it's not complete but it's good to see some content appearing - when did that start?

Can IceTV update us on progress towards getting full listing for the HD channels?

Thanks
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Barring anything unforeseen happening they should continue on from that date.

When a full 7-days is available we will be emailing everyone to let them know that the HD guides are up and running.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Kirben

So good to finally have proper TV guides for SevenHD and TenHD channels again :)

I hope the situation with NineHD can be handled a bit better, when it is launched later this year (March 2008).

Andy

Great stuff Daniel! You're timing couldn't be better as my manual recording of Smallville for the missus would have missed that it's a double episode this week and I'd have been in the doghouse  :)

Netweb

Howdy All..... 1st Time Poster  ;D

It looks as if my Vista MCE Guide has full listings for 7HD and TenHD starting at 12am Wednesday 16th January onwards.

So thats around 26 & 1/2 Hours from now....

Thanks for making me trawl your forums to find this information, NOT.

Communicating this information to your customers either informally as a heads-up on the blog 'that it is nearly here' and then followed up with an official blog post and e-mail would be quite a nice surprise since your customers have not been informed 'officially' of any of this information or updates on the status since November 19.

Cheers,

Stephen

jgriffin

The problem is that they get caned either way. If they announce a "nearly here" statement via email, and there is some kind of glitch over the next couple of weeks, all the trolls come out of the closet and start bitching about how they were "deceived" by ICE. If they don't post anything, they get accused of not being communicative, and if they release the guide early, they get accused of not communicating either.
It's normal for companies to do a soft launch, let the early adopters provide feedback, and then when they are pretty certain it is all OK, to do an official launch to all and sundry. Why is it that people are so impatient these days???

philzgr8

Actually the least of all evils is surely to keep people informed. Everyone understands that sometimes things don't go to plan but if you choose to keep all the information inhouse then you get no sympathy. At least if you try to keep your subscribers in the loop you might engender a bit of understanding instead of the current "us versus them" attitude.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

But then is it also worthwhile putting out releases with no new information.

We informed everyone that it would be mid January when the guides would be available... and they will be available for mid January.

When they are online with a full 7-days being available (this would be tomorrow morning) we will be sending a notification to everyone.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

chopper

Hmm, are these a "free" competitor or what ?
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=6640&view=findpost&p=66778
I'll be staying with ICE, I would just like to know how they avoid the legal rubbish.

Matt at IceTV

An Announcement had just been made regarding the 7HD & TenHD Guide listings within the IceTV Guide on the News & Blog section of the IceTV website;

www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=103

We thank all users for remaining patient while we compile our HD Guide listings for these two new Channels.

Cheers,

mattk
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

prl

Quote from: halsboss on January 15, 2008, 06:39:11 PM
Hmm, are these a "free" competitor or what ?
http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=6640&view=findpost&p=66778
I'll be staying with ICE, I would just like to know how they avoid the legal rubbish.

I'm not sure how epgstream.net avoids problems with the broadcasters, they don't say much about how they construct their EPG on their Web pages. I couldn't find more than "Free*EPG is a legal guide service that we develop and maintain", which I presume means they aren't screenscraping the broadcaster's sites.

Unfortunately, their service is a bit limited compared to IceTV. Verified coverage for only Sydney & Melbourne metropolitan; regionals unverified, "80-90% accurate"; "we don't supply guide information for every free-to-air region in Australia"; limited episode information; full support only for Windows Media Centre only - XMLTV is in Beta, and Mac and Linux support "coming soon". They seem to be enthusiastic about improving their service, though.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing