TEN SD still has LCN=1

Started by futzle, January 01, 2008, 01:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

futzle

The XML guide data still lists Ten (standard definition)'s LCN as 1, though it hasn't been 1 for a couple of weeks.  Should this now say 10?

<channel id="8">
<display-name>Ten</display-name>
<region-name>Melbourne</region-name>
<service-id>1589</service-id>
<transport-stream-id>1539</transport-stream-id>
<original-network-id>4116</original-network-id>
<lcn>1</lcn>
</channel>

Background: My setup is a Topfield 5000 MP connected to a Slug, and a Mac with net access.  I am getting the guide data to the Toppy by converting icetv's raw XML to TGD files using XSLT.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I have had a bug created in our system to either have these updated, it looks like its only the xmlguide feed that is affected at this stage. All the other feeds are using the correct LCN information already.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

futzle

Quote from: Daniel Hall on January 15, 2008, 01:05:11 PM
I have had a bug created in our system to either have these updated, it looks like its only the xmlguide feed that is affected at this stage. All the other feeds are using the correct LCN information already.

Now I see it's
        <channel id="8">
                <display-name>Ten</display-name>
                <region-name>Melbourne</region-name>
                <lcn>5</lcn>
                <lcn>10</lcn>
        </channel>

I am sure that LCN 5 is right for someone, somewhere, but where have the other elements gone (service-id, transport-stream-id,original-network-id)?  I was matching these to get a name-independent guarantee of which channel is which.

Thanks for fixing the LCN of Ten SD.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Because there is not a regional Victoria feed at this stage the Melbourne data contains the LCN information for the regional channels as well. For example for channel 7 it should list the LCN's of 7 and 6 (for Prime).

We also noticed when looking into this that the XMLTV guide feed did not have the correct LCN information being used (we had more up to date information in the database), this is now being used (hence seeing the regional information correctly now). It was also noted though that the service-id, transport-stream-id and original-network-id were still in the feed incorrectly, they shouldn't be used and were most likely incorrect (also the only information in those fields was for the Sydney and Melbourne SD channels).

Channel matching should always be done via LCN as it's the standard for unique channels in the DVB signal.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.