How to record weekly show that occurs 4x per week

Started by gp001, September 13, 2005, 10:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gp001

Hi everyone, just purchased by Topfield today and signed up for the trial Ice service to check it out.

Specifically, I record two programs on ABC TV that occur nightly during weekdays, except on Friday nights. The 7:30 Report and Lateline. Other than Fridays, they are both on every weekday (Mon through Thur). When I go to program a recurring recording of these the only option I have is "every day" or "every week day" - is ICE/Topfield smart enough to know that on Fridays these shows are not on and hence wont record? Or is it recording regardless? If not, is one way around this to select each day the shows are on and set "weekly" instead for each day?

Also, another question on the padding ability - my impression was this was unecessary as the Ice service should be able to detect when the show begins and ends - or is this not the case?

Thanks for any help.

regards
George

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi George,

QuoteIf not, is one way around this to select each day the shows are on and set "weekly" instead for each day?

Yes, this is true and would be the best workaround so that you dont record TV that you are not interested in. The main reason is that when the Topfield creates a timer from the EPG it doesn't actually link it back to the show that was listed in the EPG, the show name and show times and copied across to the timer but unfortunately that is it.

QuoteAlso, another question on the padding ability - my impression was this was unecessary as the Ice service should be able to detect when the show begins and ends - or is this not the case?

This information is not actually available over the air and technically there is currently no way for us to get around this.

Regards,

Daniel.
IceTV Support Team.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Shane

If you are looking for series based recording for the Topfield (ie set it to record "Alias", not 9:30pm every Thursday) then the only thing available for Topfield is TED - Topfield EPG Daemon, used in conjunction with the TEDS app to interactively set timers.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslhaj7/ted/

If setup correctly with a PC constantly connected over USB to your Toppy, it will do the scheduling for you intelligently based off the IceTV EPG. There is a special on until end of October according to this thread: http://www.icetv.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=85.0

Regards,
Shane.

Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE