Where is the Guide in Vista MCE?

Started by enzoweb, February 13, 2008, 12:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzoweb

I've searched and looked through this forum, can't find an answer to this:

I've just set up IceTV for Vista, followed the instructions but get to the bit where it says "To view the Guide, select the green square icon in the upper left-hand side of the screen to go back to the main page, and then select "My TV" and then "Guide"."

There is no "My TV" on the main page, and hence, no "Guide". When I flick through the channels it shows the name of the programme, so the guide is installed and working at that level. However, it means I can't schedule anything.

Where can I see the full Guide?

TIA

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The Guide option itself should be under "TV + Movies" on the main menu of Media Center.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

enzoweb

Under TV + Movies I see

more TV
recorded TV
live TV
internet TV
play dvd

Drilling down into these still doesn't show a Guide.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This actually sounds like while the guide is setup, Media Center doesn't know that it is and it is therefore not showing you the option.

The only way we have found in the past to fix this is to clear out the cached guide files and then re-setting up the guide (just re-setting up the guide is not enough to fix the problem).

To do this, close Media Centre and the IceTV Interactive client (this can be done by right clicking on the icon in the system tray and select “Exit”), and then:

• Open “Computer” from the start menu.
  • Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
  • Open the “Program Data” folder. If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, follow these steps to do this:

• Click on the “Organise” button in the bar at the top of the window.
    • Select “Folder and Search Options” from the menu.
    • Click on the “View” tab.
    • Place a dot in the box marked “Show hidden files and folders”.
    • Click “OK”.
    • You should now be able to see the “Program Data” folder.
  • Open the “Microsoft” folder.
  • Open the “eHome” folder.
  • Open the “EPG” folder.
  • Delete all the files and folders within this directory.
  • Restart the computer.

Upon restarting the computer the IceTV Interactive program will re-load itself. You should then follow Steps 2-5 on this page to re-setup the guide listings. After this, you should have a full set of correctly assigned guide listings, and the Guide option will be back in the main menu.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.