topdeck 5000 freezes when ICETV tap auto-delete enabled

Started by abek, November 29, 2007, 08:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abek

auto-delete was working fine for me until about a month ago.  Now every time the icetv tap tries to delete programs the video suffers a lockup and I need to power off the machine before I can interact with the device again.  Its not completely frozen since I can use the power off button on the remote.  It needs to verify files and folders after I power back on.

I know its the auto-delete thats causing the problem since it only happens when when its enabled *and* the free disk space reaches the set limit for auto-delete to kick in.  I've just run it for over a week with masses of free disk space and its only happened again now that free disk space is under 20gig (thats the point I've set auto-delete at).  I've tried setting the free disk space at different levels with the same result.  The only thing that stops this issue is disabling auto-delete.

I'm pretty sure there's a bug here but I have no idea how to report it to icetv. Hopefully someone from icetv will monitor this forum and respond to me.

abek

I should add that I've tried completely deleting the icetv tap and all the iceguide files on the Topfield and reinstalling them (via the ASUS wifi bridge I bought from icetv).  My guess is that the bug was introduced with a new version of the tap.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

If all you can do is power off the Topfield (and when powering back on it performs a hard disk check) it does sound like the Topfield has crashed. Another indication of a crash on the TF5000PVRt's is that when you power off you get four flashing dots on the front display of the Topfield while it is powering down.

It sounds like there is a file on the hard drive that the tap is trying to delete but can't (for some reason) and this crashes the Topfield.

It is unlikely to be a new version of the tap that introduced this as the code for the timer delete function has not changed in at least 2 years and the tap itself has not been updated in over 1 year. As this problem started about a month ago, has anything else changed in the setup around that time?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: abek on November 29, 2007, 08:04:04 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a bug here but I have no idea how to report it to icetv. Hopefully someone from icetv will monitor this forum and respond to me.

While we do monitor the forum, we can generally respond to emails or phone calls a lot quicker. The page with our contact details is on our website at http://www.icetv.com.au/contactus
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.