Topfield Hangs after loading Ice Tap

Started by CHRIS, November 01, 2005, 09:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHRIS

Have loaded ice tap for my topfield black panther.  Noticed that after the loader starts the channel mapping screen displays, the topfield then freezes and needs to be restarted.  Any suggestions?  I have formatted and reset the machine to factory defaults.

Regards
Chris

froop

I've noticed a similar thing on my Toppy (original, not Panther - can't remember what firmware I'm running off the top of my head). When restarting the Toppy, as soon as the IceTV TAP splash screen disappears, none of the remote control buttons (except for power) work. If I wait half an hour or so, its all good.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

One possible cause is that the Ice TAP has crashed without having any channels available upon load. The best option would be to stop all TAP's from autoloading by holding down the zero button on the remote control while turning on the Topfield from standby.

Once the Topfield has finished booting you should be able to use the menu to scan channels, once done turning the Topfield to standby and then back on will re-enable all autoloading TAP's and it should run fine.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.