Movie: prefix

Started by dgaust, November 22, 2007, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgaust

Does the Movie: prefix serve any purpose?

Personally, I'm not a fan of it. I use Vista Media Centre and it messes up both my Recorded TV and DVD Gallery page.

Is it required for any reason, or just a 'feature'?

markb

It's a great feature which I love and a feature which discriminates ICE from the standard guide. It is very useful for your eye to visually "tag" movies immediately amongst other content. Otherwise, if only the title was listed, you have to read the title and description and try to infer yourself whether it is a movie or not.

dgaust

Is it that hard to work out whether a program is a movie or not? Also there is a whole movie category within both the category and search area.

Of course, I'm only talking about MCE with which I have experience, which is why I asked the question. Maybe it's of use to people who use topfields or the beyonwiz.

fossicker

I use a Topfield with the JustEPG Tap, and find the Movie prefix very useful for quickly spotting the Movies.

pszilard

Quote from: markb on November 22, 2007, 09:06:57 PM
It's a great feature which I love and a feature which discriminates ICE from the standard guide. It is very useful for your eye to visually "tag" movies immediately amongst other content. Otherwise, if only the title was listed, you have to read the title and description and try to infer yourself whether it is a movie or not.

I also like this feature.

However if you want to get rid of it, just use ftp to the Icebox and rename the files. Namewiz is one handy renaming utility.

markb

Quote from: pszilard on December 11, 2007, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: markb on November 22, 2007, 09:06:57 PM

I also like this feature.

However if you want to get rid of it, just use ftp to the Icebox and rename the files. Namewiz is one handy renaming utility.

Actually, I do find the upper case tag "MOVIE:" to be a bit obtrusive so my personal iceguide grabber script converts all upper case tags to title-case. E.g. "MOVIE:" becomes "Movie:", etc. Then the tags don't yell as loudly.  ;)