Episode titles for cartoons

Started by Kirben, November 12, 2007, 05:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirben

I noticed the exact episode titles for some cartoon series aren't listed, although they are available in online TV guides.

On Nine:
Ben 10, Dora The Explorer

On Ten:
Faireez, I Got a Rocket

Could this information be added, or don't you have legal access to it?

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. We don't have any particular legal problem with providing these episode titles. We do have a problem with the random way in which they're sheduled however. Networks generally don't really care about keeping any type of order with these 'throw-away' programs. I'm actually not sure I remember my young daughter being too concerned about what episode her cartoon happened to be that she flicked on at 7am anyway, so I haven't made this a huge priority. For now, I think the number of times we'd get this wrong might prove more frustrating than useful, but thanks for the suggestion.

Kirben

The Ben 10 series on Nine has been shown in order so far, other than the first two episodes.

I expect you are right about other series I listed though, since they are just repeats.

The episode titles can are useful in cartoon series, especially series which continue the story:

The Oban Racer series on Seven is shown in order, since the story continues*

The cartoon series shown by Toasted TV are almost always shown in order. Several of the cartoon series (Naruto, One Piece, Pokemon) shown have continuing story lines too*

* The TV guides never provide exact episode titles for these series though, so would need to watch a single episode and use an episode list as reference for episode titles.