Limited Guide Data in Perth

Started by liamgilligan, November 19, 2007, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liamgilligan

I have been using Ice TV for a while, was using it in Canberra but recently moved to Perth and am using it there. I have noticed pretty large blocks of time where there is no guide data (sometimes chunks of up to 12+ hours). Outside of these times, there is guide information available, but during these periods it says that there is no information available. I don't remember having the same large blocks where there was no guide information while I was in Canberra, but seems to be getting more frequent now I am using a Perth postcode (6100).

Is it just that there is limited gude information for the Perth region? A lot of the time periods are during prime time, and are major channels, so would have thought that it was pretty standard across the country.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it an issue with information available with Ice or is it a configuration issue on my end?

I am using Vista home premium.

poedgirl

I'm in Perth as well and have never experienced this, only with the HD channels saying "Unknown" when there are no HD shows on. Did you update your IceTV settings to use the Perth guide and not the Canberra guide? As far as I know, IceTV ignores the "zip code" setting from media center.

liamgilligan

Thanks Poedgirl - basic story is I am an idiot... Didnt realise, but I had assigned the HD cannel listings to the non HD channels... <ust have happened when I retuned everything for Perth.

All good now... cant believe I have been putting up with it driving me crazy for months!!!