Would you like iPhone/Nokia N95/advanced phone support for Remote?

Started by Marc, November 10, 2007, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Trial_Master on March 10, 2009, 09:46:59 AM
What time frame are we realistically looking at for HD/SD preference? Weeks or months?

I would say weeks, or less, but I can't give a time estimate beyond that.  Sorry.

Russell

Trial_Master

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on March 10, 2009, 09:52:22 AM
I would say weeks, or less

Well I think I'm speaking for the majority when I say bring it on   ;)

mtb

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on March 10, 2009, 09:35:30 AM
...satisfy the most people, which often include the include the marketing, sales... ...folks inside the company itself...

Ah, those people... fair enough(!).  Perhaps they are the ones who should be put on the spot answering the forums regarding feature requests, instead of you guys.  Perhaps then they might appreciate that, while they make you chase the elusive few, they are undermining the loyalty of the existing majority.

Might I respectfully request that one of those decision makers be asked to come onto the forums to list and justify the priorities of the various outstanding features - I'm sure other forum members would love to enter into that discussion as well.

Quote from: Trial_Master on March 10, 2009, 10:06:41 AM
I would say weeks, or less

Well I think I'm speaking for the majority when I say bring it on   ;)

Amen to that.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Marc

Quote from: mtb on March 10, 2009, 11:16:59 AMMight I respectfully request that one of those decision makers be asked to come onto the forums to list and justify the priorities of the various outstanding features - I'm sure other forum members would love to enter into that discussion as well.
All IceTV staff read these forums and most reply directly to questions.

Stability and features such as prefer HD/SD and Windows 7 support are huge priorities right now and we realise these are essential if we want to keep our users happy (and if we want to keep our users!).

Please don't see this thread as us losing focus on what's important. As Russell said, it's not always the same person working on the different features, so things can and do happen in parallel.

mtb

Quote from: Marc at IceTV on March 10, 2009, 01:13:15 PM
...and Windows 7 support are huge priorities right now and we realise these are essential

Sorry but you said  "Windows 7" and "essential"?  This is a real bug-bear for me as a web developer - the web should be platform and browser independant and standard compliant, not coded to the MS/IE non-standard.

Given that W7 seems unlikely now to appear until late 2009/2010 and IE8 is supposed to be (finally) more standard adherent, is W7 really that big an issue?  At work (govt. dept.) we've recently been instructed to code to W3C and accessibility standards, with IE taking a secondary testing only role - this way we can ensure the increasingly more diverse range of browsers/platforms used by the public can access our sites.

Rant over... I'll go back in my hole now!
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Marc

Sorry, I should have been more clear!

By "Windows 7" I meant support for our EPG and Interactive services in the Windows 7 Media Center software (ie. people using a Windows PC as a media center plugged into their TV). Windows 7's Media Center has changed quite a few things, breaking our previous software. More info can be found here: http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?board=29.0

We try to stick to web standards as much as possible for the exact reasons you've outlined.

Trial_Master

What time frame are we realistically looking at for HD/SD preference? Weeks or months?

I would say weeks, or less, but I can't give a time estimate beyond that.  Sorry.

Russell

Hi Russell

Weeks about to become a month. Any updates?

tonymy01

Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Trial_Master

Quote from: tonymy01 on April 07, 2009, 08:05:20 PM
Quote from: Trial_Master on April 07, 2009, 04:12:01 PM
BUMP
Really bad form mate!  You only just posted yesterday.

Why would you consider waiting 26 hours before bumping to be poor form? I thought it to be a generous amount of time for a reply. This isn't a charity I pay for this service and I would like a reply.

Trial_Master

Russell

Hi Russell

Is it possible to have an update on the HD/SD preference?

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Trial_Master on April 09, 2009, 02:55:16 PM

Yes, we're working on it now actually, and it's definitely still a high priority.

Russell

Trial_Master

Trial_Master

Hi Russell

j s

Another month passes and still no progress on something  that was "weeks away" a long long long time ago - and first requested well over a year ago.