IceBox2 time wrong

Started by jillmess, November 05, 2007, 07:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jillmess

Since the change to DST in the "other" states my IceBox automatic update has not been working.  I discovered on the weekend that this is due to the time on the IceBox now showing as GMT +11 - I am in Qld, have my Guide region set to regional Qld and the timezone to GMT +10.  Why does the IceBox now think it is GMT +11?

I have altered the Fetch time to one hour earlier so should now all work ok but don't believe this should have been necessary.  Two other IceBox's I have access to in the area also have the time altered to GMT +11.

Any fix from IceTV?

Thanks
Jill

Paul55

Make sure your Toppy is set to the correct time zone and daylight saving to off.
Also, if your Toppy is set to auto time, and you are getting programming from Sydney, it may be altering the setting.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Sorry about the delay on this one.

Short answer at the moment is we are not sure why it's showing you the incorrect time, the timezone setting that is used is the timezone option under the My Account section of the IceTV website, and it should update during bootup of the IceBox2.

I have sent this through to our engineers to investigate, hopefully they can come up with something shortly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

fossicker

Mine has also started showing the wrong time.
As of a few days ago, it is showing GMT, so I am 11 hours behind.
When I reset, it reverts to 1970-01-01 00:00:00.
After a while it picks up the right date, but 11 hours behind.
The settings in my account are correct.

jillmess

I also now have the same problem as fossicker (except that for me it is 10 hours out - no DST here) instead of just being one hour out as I was originally.  Sent an email to tech support yesterday (included part of the syslog) but no reply yet.  Have just reset my fetch time to the equivalent GMT time so hopefully this will sort things at my end until fixed at the Ice end.  Nice to know it is being looked at.

Thanks
Jill

wally3218

I have just recieved my icebox2 and have set it up to use wireless everything seems ok but its showing
Last Fetch: 1970-01-01 00:00:35 
Next Fetch: 1970-01-01 13:00:00 
Current time: 1970-01-01 00:00:02

whats your suggestions for fixing this
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The engineers have checked this out and a very recent change on the server caused this to happen, this has been resolved now.

It would be worthwhile power cycling the IceBox2 to force a new time sync.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

fossicker

jillmess

wally3218

Great to have a forum to ask questions and get quick results.
Time and date problems all fixed
The Icebox2 is working great no more hooking upto my laptop to download.

Thanks
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit