Mythtv & concurrent channel limitation

Started by matt, August 14, 2005, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

Hi,

I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of guide data available within the Ice system - it's great to see someone stepping up to the mark on something we have all been crying out for.

Can anyone please explain why there is a limitation on having programming description on one channel per multiplex?  Perhaps my terminology is incorrect, but what I really want is to be able to have guide data for both the primary channel (say nine digital) and then have the same data applied to nine HD.  By restricting people being able to apply to more than one channel makes it **REALLY** difficult to intentionally record HD programming as it always needs to be a manual schedule - it almost negates the benefit of such rich guide data.

Is there any chance Ice can work around this limitation?

TIA.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5GHz 23" ACD, EyeTV 410 - EyeTV2.1

pvogel

Good idea - I will discuss it with our engineers today and let you know what we can do.

Peter

matt

QuoteGood idea - I will discuss it with our engineers today and let you know what we can do.

Thanks Peter.  Did you have any luck in your discussions?

pvogel

The proposal is to provide HD guide channels by filtering out the events flagged as HD from our SD guide.  This guide will have gaps where there are no HD shows.  Does that sound OK to you?

matt

QuoteThe proposal is to provide HD guide channels by filtering out the events flagged as HD from our SD guide.  This guide will have gaps where there are no HD shows.  Does that sound OK to you?

This sounds perfect - thanks again for the speedy response.