7HD Started Broadcasting Different Content To 7SD Last Night

Started by amandaandjustin, October 16, 2007, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Circuitau

Any news on whats happening with the Iceguide here yet.

dgaust

Mantorok

philzgr8

Why does it take so many requests before Ice will provide an update on this. Surely a quick update to let us all know what's happening isn't too much to provide to paid up customers!

Mitch IceGuide

As a paying customer for awhile now, we appreciate your business and would have thought you'd understand the legal rammifications of IceTV referring to any Guide provided or connected with any commercial television channel in this country. The links provided in this forum by subscribers are welcome as a tool for fellow subscribers, but certainly not for IceTV to view. We take very seriously our current legal obligations and as a consequence, IceTV will not be providing these Channels until at least 2 weeks after 7 & 10 OFFICIALLY launch their new channels.

Jason W

dgaust

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on November 05, 2007, 04:05:41 PM
As a paying customer for awhile now, we appreciate your business and would have thought you'd understand the legal rammifications of IceTV referring to any Guide provided or connected with any commercial television channel in this country. The links provided in this forum by subscribers are welcome as a tool for fellow subscribers, but certainly not for IceTV to view. We take very seriously our current legal obligations and as a consequence, IceTV will not be providing these Channels until at least 2 weeks after 7 & 10 OFFICIALLY launch their new channels.

As a paying customer, I certainly understand the legal situation you find yourselves in, and am happy to wait until you have a legal option of obtaining the data. However, as a commercial entity, you could have communicated this better with your customers.

This is the first thing I have seen by way of an official explanation as to why you have yet to provide this information. That is not the best example of customer service.

Likkie

Quote from: dgaust on November 05, 2007, 10:14:25 PM
This is the first thing I have seen by way of an official explanation as to why you have yet to provide this information. That is not the best example of customer service.

Hear hear!

adsjc

goldcoastguy

So why put incorrect information into the HD guide?

Why not just leave it blank?

For example, tonight The Practice will NOT be in HD, yet it is listed as such.

I'm not sure where you get your guide information, but it is currently inaccurate.

Evan :->

goldcoastguy

Quote from: adsjc on November 06, 2007, 01:04:54 AM
So when is sevens OFFICIAL release?

According to the Week 4 link above:

Quote7HD will move to “full-strength” broadcasting in the coming weeks.

adsjc

Quote from: goldcoastguy on November 06, 2007, 02:27:42 AM
Quote from: adsjc on November 06, 2007, 01:04:54 AM
So when is sevens OFFICIAL release?

According to the Week 4 link above:

Quote7HD will move to “full-strength” broadcasting in the coming weeks.

Well we can ignore that, it said the same thing on week 1!
I guess Seven haven't even worked out a release date.

philzgr8

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on November 05, 2007, 04:05:41 PM
As has been said earlier, we do appreciate the legal ramifications of using the links provided but this was not the point being made. It is not the first time that Ice has failed to keep its customers informed about what is taking place. In view of the fact that we are effectively paying for what is essentially a defective product (albeit through no fault of Ice) then I would have thought it was simply a matter of courtesy.

zoszos68

Quote from: goldcoastguy on November 06, 2007, 02:25:53 AM
So why put incorrect information into the HD guide?

Why not just leave it blank?

For example, tonight The Practice will NOT be in HD, yet it is listed as such.

I'm not sure where you get your guide information, but it is currently inaccurate.

I agree with the above statement and the following is my opinion.

I believe That the Seven HD Guide data that is different should be listed as unknown as putting in the wrong data (like for example Boston Legal) is so wrong wrong wrong.

I do understand there are legal reasons why you do some things but this time I cant see what reason you have for putting in wrong data.
Where are you getting the info that says that theses shows on Seven HD will be in HD.
nowhere of course as its impossible as Seven themselves even say this to be the case.

You may not like what I am saying but we live in A country of free speech and also I pay for your guide (the only one I can pay for for that matter) and want a service that is as accurate as possible and in this case you are not doing your job.

If you can give me a valid reason for why the Seven HD data is wrong (which I believe there is no reason) then let me hear.

So I wait for some answer or to see as should be the case unknown when the Seven HD is different.
And if you don't like what I say then do whatever I like a challenge.
Zos