7HD Started Broadcasting Different Content To 7SD Last Night

Started by amandaandjustin, October 16, 2007, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amandaandjustin

Just a heads up - I'm reliably informed that while Boston Legal was on 7SD last night, a movie called The 25th Hour was on 7HD, so their new multichanneling may have already kicked off (test maybe?).

I'm not sure where you're going to get your guide data from 7HD from though, as 7 seem to be playing their cards close to their chest.

Justin

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We are actually just looking into this now to see what is possible.

Should have some more information soon.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

amandaandjustin

Good stuff!

Anyone recording something on 7HD (seems to be only after 10:30PM) might want to record off 7SD, otherwise you may not get what you're expecting. :'(

Justin

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yeah, initial reports are late nights and also some weekend stuff at the moment.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

amandaandjustin

Liyster

So will IceTV be updating its guide data to reflect the new content programming?

dgaust

This is going to cause problems, especially with the 'Copy SD shows to HD channels' options.

Could there be a second option that allows the blanks on the HD channels to be filled in with stuff from the SD channles, but still reflect the differences on the HD channels? (is that clear?)

Mantorok

I thought the SD copy service only copies SD content where there is no HD content.  ie.  It doesn't over ride the HD content if there is some.

Daniel, any word yet on when the new 7HD content will appear on the Ice Guide?

dgaust

I'm not sure, I hope we can get some clarification on that. Since I use Wollongong SD and Sydney HD channels (the regions still broadcast the loop instead of SD content when a show isn't in HD) it's not something I would notice.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Mantorok on October 18, 2007, 01:21:04 PM
I thought the SD copy service only copies SD content where there is no HD content.  ie.  It doesn't over ride the HD content if there is some.

Daniel, any word yet on when the new 7HD content will appear on the Ice Guide?

The copy SD to HD will copy everything from the SD guide to the HD guide, mind you up to this point there has not been unique programming on the HD channels so it was never an issue.

More than likely in this stage the 7 HD channel will become a distinct channel like 7 SD and the copy SD to HD will no longer be applicable for it.

No word yet on when guide data will be available for 7 HD.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

goldcoastguy

Not sure if you can use press releases from TV station Corporate websites, but for everyone else, Week 2's Program Guide for 7HD is now available at http://www.sevencorporate.com.au/_uploads/Files/7HD-week2-schedule1.pdf

Evan :->

cowombat

Quote from: amandaandjustin on October 16, 2007, 04:16:57 PM
Just a heads up - I'm reliably informed that while Boston Legal was on 7SD last night, a movie called The 25th Hour was on 7HD, so their new multichanneling may have already kicked off (test maybe?).

I'm not sure where you're going to get your guide data from 7HD from though, as 7 seem to be playing their cards close to their chest.

Justin

Hi All - twice tonight I scanned via my Beyonwiz PVR for this new channel 7, but couldn't find any transmission. Has anyone seen it tonight - Friday?

goldcoastguy

It's on LCN70. It's been there since Day 1, just usually with the same content as LCN7 (except it is in HD of course).

Of course if you aren't in the capitals, you wont get it at all.

BundyIce

Quote from: goldcoastguy on October 19, 2007, 09:45:02 PM
It's on LCN70. It's been there since Day 1, just usually with the same content as LCN7 (except it is in HD of course).

Of course if you aren't in the capitals, you wont get it at all.

G'Day Goldcoastguy, and the rest of the forum,

Just a bit of clarification, you *may* get the new HD content if outside of the capitals.  I'm in Bundaberg, and we get it here.  I think, it is dependent on if you are watching through a Seven Regional or another affilated (e.g. Prime etc).  Not really sure if that's correct, but all I know is I was pleasently surprised to see that we were getting the *new* content.

Cheers,
Jeff

goldcoastguy

Ahhh yeah.... sorry about that. Forgot all about Seven QLD being part of Seven (rather than an affiliate).