First impressions

Started by Pete, January 31, 2005, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Just tought I'd give my first imressions of using the guide with Showshifter (3.11)

[*]The load process works well - nice and simple to set up
    [/list]
      [*]The channel titles are too long - the city prefix makes it hard to read the channels. i.e. "Melbourne ABC"
      should just be "ABC"
      [/list]
        [*]Maybe the guide should have just one city, not all of them?
        [/list]
        Apart from that all is well.

Now if only we can get the networks to run on time (especially when the cricket is on!)

Shane

I'm just testing Showshifter out, and I have found that when I change to a channel, the guide data for that channel disappears except for Now & Next info. This Now & Next info is also different from the ice data, and seems to be the OTA N&N info instead.

The ice data does not come back until I do a manual epg refresh.

What do I do to fix this?

Thanks,
        Shane.
        Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
        Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Russell at IceTV

Hi Shane,

I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean...  When I change the channel in SS by pressing the + key on the numpad, it changes channel and I see 3 lines:  the channel info and date, what's on now, and what's on next.  But it seems to be the same info as when I go to the grid view of the EPG.  Maybe I'm missing something in what you're doing?  Does your grid view EPG look correct?

Thanks,
        Russell

Shane

Russell,

I guess pictures are worth a thousand words, so an image is attached.

In essence, the EPG info seems to disappear (sometimes replaced by the OTA now and next data, sometimes not) when I select a station from the grid view and choose to "watch now".

In this case I did the following:
        1. Manually dowloaded new EPG data
        2. Went to grid view
        3. Clicked on current program playing on Channel 7
        4. Chose "Watch this Show"
        5. Went back to EPG grid view
        6. Chose another currently playing program
        5. Chose "Watch this Show"

Now back in grid view, the data for the original channel is now gone or replaced by OTA now & next data.

Regards,
        Shane.
        Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
        Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Russell at IceTV

Thanks for the picture Shane -- yes, a thousand words, definitely.  I was able to duplicate what you saw.

I found a setting buried way down in SS that might help... but I've been having trouble with my SS lately, so I have to say that I haven't actually tried this to see if it fixes the problem.

First switch your experience level to Expert or higher.  Then go to:

Configuration
        Settings
        ShowGuide Settings
        Go to the settings page
        (scroll down)
        ShowGuide Data Retrieval Settings
        Allow television to update ShowGuide data (change to "No")

Let us know if it helped...

Russell