ICE EPG Loader and JustEPG

Started by jillmess, October 10, 2007, 08:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jillmess

Hi

I have recently reverted to using my IceBox2 to update directly from Ice (was previously using TED).  I have also altered my location to Qld Regional.  The problem I have is that even though I have correctly mapped the channels, JustEPG shows Seven Central (or maybe Seven Brisbane?) instead of Seven QLD which I have mapped.  The standard Toppy Guide shows the correct info.

I am able to change a map.ini setting to correct this (channel_id 162, lcn=7)  but the .ini must get overwritten with each new download as this keeps reverting to the original.  Is there any way to stop this change from being overwritten?

Jill

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The map.ini file is designed to be downloaded as part of the guide fetch so that if a new channel appears it will be available automatically.

In regards to mapping, its the services.ini file that contains the map data for the ICE_EPG_Loader.

I have just had a look in the JustEPG config file and it appears that the mapping is done purely on LCN, however for the QLD Regional region there are multiple channels on the same LCN. This should probably be taken up with Peter Gillespie (Download) to see if he can use the services.ini file instead for channel mapping.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Paul55

If you go to the Topfield Australia forum - www.topfield.com.au - and post a query in the TAP section, Peter or someone else will reply quite quickly.

jillmess

Just an update on this.  I contacted Peter Gillespie (download) and he was able to make some changes to the tap to correct the problem.  The altered tap has not yet been made available for general download so you would need to contact Peter if you are having similar problems.

Jill

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Excellent news, I know that Peter called for some info on this as well and hopefully the changes should make the setup a lot more streamlined for all IceTV customers.   :D
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.