Incomplete data

Started by Gary, October 03, 2007, 08:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Just wondering why when I grab XML formatted data with TED I get more days than my BeyonWiz is getting at the same time?

This is shortly after it is turned on so as I understand, it is updating data then.

It also seems to be ABC that is missing more.

So on TEDS I have complete data up to midnight Tuesday and ABC and SBS for Tuesday.

On the BeyonWiz, I have complete data up to midnight Monday and ABC up to 3.30pm Monday and SBS up to 8.00am Tuesday.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

One of the things we have found with the latest firmware of the Beyonwiz is that the guide is not always fully populated after a day or two of just running from the hard drive.

We have also had reports of the Beyonwiz not processing the full weeks worth of guide so that the full 7 days are not available to it (even though it downloaded all 7 days).

Hopefully this will be resolved in a future firmware update of the Beyonwiz.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Gary

Thanks Daniel

I am aware there are some unresolved issue from the BeyonWiz end of things.

Just to be clear, this was soon after a power up from standby so the first point shouldn't be a factor.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Since the addition of the guide cache on the hard drive, the Beyonwiz no longer does a guide update when turned on, it will grab the guide from the hard drive instead and then perform the guide update from the internet at the normal time.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Gary

That's interesting as I had read something different on the BeyonWiz forums.

When is the "normal time"?

Gary

Sorry, another question. :)

So does the BeyonWiz update without being put into standby?

martymonster

Quote from: Daniel Hall on October 03, 2007, 04:51:20 PM
Since the addition of the guide cache on the hard drive, the Beyonwiz no longer does a guide update when turned on, it will grab the guide from the hard drive instead and then perform the guide update from the internet at the normal time.

What is the scheduled time and how is it set or modified?

Martin

Daniel Hall at IceTV

In general the Beyonwiz will update the guide once every 24 hours, it picks a time itself, and this cannot be set or changed.

You do not need to put the Beyonwiz into standby to have it update the guide.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

martymonster

Thanks Daniel.
Will it update the guide whilst in Standby mode?

Martin

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It won't actually do an update while in Standby, but when turned on it will load any guide data from the hard drive that is available and then update the guide from the internet at some time during the next 24 hours. It should also load guide direct from the internet if there is nothing left in the hard drive cache.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Gary

Just continuing on this for a bit, how does it deal with schedule changes for days already in the cache?

martymonster

Quote from: Daniel Hall on October 04, 2007, 03:18:03 PM
It won't actually do an update while in Standby, but when turned on it will load any guide data from the hard drive that is available and then update the guide from the internet at some time during the next 24 hours. It should also load guide direct from the internet if there is nothing left in the hard drive cache.

Thanks for that info

Martin

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Gary on October 04, 2007, 03:26:30 PM
Just continuing on this for a bit, how does it deal with schedule changes for days already in the cache?

It should take the downloaded guide data as the correct information when any changes occur and then update the hard disk cache.

I am not 100% sure if this occurs though.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Gary

Thanks Daniel

Sounds like a bit to investigate on how all the parts fit together.

j s

It's very annoying that if a power cycle my BWs (I have two) a couple of times in a short period I get the "Too many times" message and then have no Guide at all for an hour. Until BW handles caching of the Guide better IceTV should reconsider this policy.

This has happened a few times now when I've been playing with settings etc and restarting the BWs.