Recent versions of xmltv break tv_grab_au_ice script - Edit: Already fixed in v3

Started by Anthony, August 28, 2007, 12:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I recently updated the packages on my Fedora Core 6 mythtv system and now mythfilldatabase now longer works, instead of updating the scheduling database I get error messages like the following:

2007-08-27 23:59:08.589 Updating source #1 (IceTV) with grabber tv_grab_au
2007-08-27 23:59:08.590 Found 12 channels for source 1 which use grabber
2007-08-27 23:59:08.720 Grabber has capabilities:
2007-08-27 23:59:08.720 Grabbing XMLTV data using tv_grab_au is not supported. You may need to upgrade to the latest version of XMLTV.

A quick web search suggests that there's been a change to XMLTV that has broken compability with a lot of existing schedule grabber scripts (see http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/12499), and tv_grab_au_ice will need some modifications before it will work again.  Has anyone else hit this problem and, more importantly, found a fix for it?

I'm using tv_grab_au_ice version 3 (the most recent available), xmltv-0.5.48-73.fc6 and mythtv-0.20.2-163.fc6.

Edit: Nevermind, seems I was actually using tv_grab_au_ice version 2 (my download of version 3 picked up a superflous .htm extension and so didn't get used).  Version 3 has the --capabilites feature now required by XMLTV which was missing in version 2.

Russell at IceTV

Actually that version of the grabber was updated on Jan. 29th to address the changes you mentioned, and quite a few people are currently using it with MythTV.  So my guess is that something else is going wrong somewhere.

I checked the server fetch logs and I can see that you fetched the guide several times successfully with the older version 2 of the grabber, but I don't see any fetches from you with the new one.  I'm not sure what the error from MythTV that you mentioned means, but maybe someone from our support group has a better idea on that.  One thing you might try is to just run the grabber manually from the command line.  Something like this:

tv_grab_au_ice --configure
(enter your IceTV User ID and password, and it should display the channels for your region)

tv_grab_au_ice
(it should print a list of channels and programs to stdout)

Anthony

Thanks Russell. You're quite right, due to a silly error on my part I was still using version 2 of the grabber and once I installed version 3 properly all was well again.  I must say I'm extremely impressed by your customer service, I really didn't expect to receive high quality technical support in the middle of the night less than an hour after posting a question!  The fact that version 3 of the grabber has been around since January speaks volumes for how on the ball you all are at IceTV too, seems you dealt with the changes to XMLTV very promptly.