Hard Sun: repeat or not?

Started by prl, April 29, 2022, 04:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

The IceGuide for Wed 4 May has three episodes of Hard Sun on 7TWO on Prime (ACT guide), S1E1 at 00:40, S1E2 at 1:55 and S1E3 3:10.

However, S1E1 is marked as a repeat, but S1E2 and S1E3 are marked as first run. Since I already had a series recording for Hard Run set and that it's being run in the small hours of the night on repeat central 7TWO, I suspect that they are all repeats.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Lisa

Hi prl,

Thankyou for your email.
I think I remember this one. The first episode was aired on 7 and then the series disappeared to 7+.
We might leave S1 E2 etc etc as Prems, as in our database we only have an air date for S1 Ep1.

cheers,  Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

prl

OK, thanks, Lisa. The fact that only one episode was broadcast may be the reason why I can't remember it, even though I have the series recording set.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

vader1111

I think the first episode was broadcast in order to entice people to subscribe to Stan.  Ch 10 did something similar with The Twilight Zone, broadcasting the first episode on FTA and then forcing people to their subscription service for the rest of the series.

aeb001

Quote from: vader1111 on May 07, 2022, 06:18:21 PMI think the first episode was broadcast in order to entice people to subscribe to Stan.  Ch 10 did something similar with The Twilight Zone, broadcasting the first episode on FTA and then forcing people to their subscription service for the rest of the series.

They are all doing it. 2 other examples off the top of my head are:
NCIS hawaii
Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol

And "Five Bedrooms" moved from 10 to paramount 2 seasons ago.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005