Kangaroo Beach Summer Special - ABC Kids

Started by BazzaG, December 31, 2021, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

Region: Melbourne

QuoteKangaroo Beach Summer Special
ABC TV Plus/Kids, 8:10am, Sat, 1 Jan 2022, 27 minutes
2021, Australia, English, Children, Cartoon, Comedy

I discovered this by accident when looking at the guide for Tsunami show on Ten and thank goodness I did ... my grandson really likes this show.

Anyway, it NEEDS to be added as a Kangaroo Beach series episode. If that had been done correctly in the 1st place a recording would have been added automatically added.

Cheers
BazzaG...

GaiO IceTV

Hi BazzaG,
Kangaroo Beach Summer Special is just that, a stand alone special and not part of a series, hence ABC programming it as such.  In order to avoid missing these types of shows in the future it might be worth creating a Keyword favourite?

Wishing you a very happy new year!
Cheers Gai

BazzaG

I totally & completely DISAGREE but at the end of the day it's IceTV choice.

By your definition I would need to create keyword selection for a whole bunch of TV series that have so called "specials". In a lot of cases, they are actually episodes of the current series, eg. Call the Midwife, Doctor Who & Death in Paradise (not yet broadcast on FTA TV but will be next "Christmas" & is the final episode of season 10, just like CTW Christmas specials are) to name just a few. They are simply broadcast at Christmas &/or New Year because it's winter in the the northern hemisphere.

Here in Australia the networks don't bother since it's outside the ratings period & even if they did a lot fewer viewers would make the time to watch.

To help me & others out ... Why isn't there a search option called "Premiers" that I can select on the IceTV guide under the "Genre" tab to select 1st broadcast episodes of whatever show be they series, documentaries, movies or whatever.

At least then I & others can do regular scans of the upcoming shows if we so choose to list shows such as this.

Not Happy
BazzaG...

prl

IceTV also does the same with some other series with annual specials, like The Weekly with Charlie Pickering and the annual overview, The Yearly with Charlie Pickering.

I didn't need to create a separate recording for this year's New Years special of Doctor Who (Eve of the Daleks), though. IMDb counts it as S13E7, and perhaps IceTV counts it that way. The same with this Christmas's Call the Midwife.

I think that IceTV is simply using the season/episode conventions that they get in the ABC and SBS EPG data.

Though there isn't a "Premiere" genre, there is a keyword recording option "repeat:", "yes" for repeats only, "no" for first runs only, and omit for both first runs and repeats.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing