10 Bold not listed as a channel in Plex

Started by Iceypole, December 09, 2021, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceypole

Hi,

Within the Plex server DVR settings, it is listed as an available channel to choose in the 'EPG Channels' drop down lists, however it does not show on the left under the 'Tuner Channels' list.
I tried enabling 'TVSN' channel 16, then choosing '10 Bold', however when playing that channel, it still played the 'TVSN' channel. I'm assuming its because its actually choosing channel 16.
10 Bold is enabled on my IceTV profile, and that is why its available to choose.
Are you able to please look in to this.

Cheers.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Iceypole,

This sounds like your HDHomeRun has not scanned in 10 Bold itself.

When looking at the "Tuner Channels" side there should be a "RESCAN" link that you can use to force the HDHomeRun to re-scan the channels to see if it can pick it up this time, if it still isn't showing up under the Tuner Channels then something weird is happening, especially if the other 10 channels are showing up.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Iceypole

No good sorry, still the same issue.
When using the channels app, it picks 10 Bold from the HDHomerun, however there is no guide data. (I'm not entirely sure where channels gets its guide data from though)

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Iceypole,

If you can open the HDHomeRun directly (via it's webpage) you can see what channels it has scanned in to confirm that everything is showing up correctly.

Otherwise I would have to recommend getting in touch with Plex as we don't have much experience getting the channels into Plex from the HDHomeRun (which is where the issue currently sits if it is not showing up under the "TUNER CHANNELS" list.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Iceypole

That fixed it thanks.
For some reason the HD Homerun had that channel disabled when viewing the channels on its administrative web page.
I have enabled it and all seems good.
Appreciate you help.