Error when trying to post to the forums

Started by bodogbodog, December 03, 2021, 11:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

I am getting an error when trying to post to the IceTV forums at the moment i it says there is a Database error and to contact the Administrator

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

prl

I posted about this a while ago. You get the error if your post contains a Unicode character with a codepoint outside the Basic Latin plane (the ASCII character set). Any Unicode character U+0080 and greater will cause the error.

I most often got the error when copy/pasting from a source that had non-ASCII characters in it, like the IceTV Web Guide. Most often it was single right and left quotes (LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK, U+2018 and RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK, U+2019). If they're the cause of the problem, they can be replaced by the ASCII APOSTROPHE, U+0027.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

bodogbodog

Quote from: prl on December 03, 2021, 11:29:30 AM
I most often got the error when copy/pasting from a source that had non-ASCII characters in it, like the IceTV Web Guide

Thanks - that aligns with what I was trying to post - a copy of the web guide listing that contained incorrect information
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare