Hard Quiz - not a repeat

Started by vader1111, November 28, 2021, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

Hard Quiz
ABC HD
8pm, Wednesday 1st December

This is marked as a repeat (S5E13).  While it is another "Battle of the Duds", it's not a repeat.  They do regular "Battle of the Duds" episodes, and it's not the first time IceTV has incorrectly flagged new BotD episodes as being repeated.

GaiO IceTV

Hi vader1111,
Thanks for your note.  This issue has been corrected and Series 6, Episode 33 is now showing as a new episode.  It should appear in the guide within the next 15 minutes.
Cheers Gai

vader1111

It's happened again.  This is what, the 5th time that a new Battle of the Duds episode has been marked as a repeat?

Please fix - 8pm, ABC, 16th March 2022.

GaiO IceTV

Hi Vader111,
I appreciate your frustration. This is a software issue I have asked Dan to look at. Hopefully we can stop it happening in the future. In any case, as the programme is not broadcast until next Wednesday it would have been corrected in time.
Regards Gai

prl

It's been fixed for me now (IceTV Canberra region). So thanks to GaiO and anyone else who helped! :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

vader1111

Thanks @GaiO, and sorry for the passive-aggressive post earlier.  I do get a bit frustrated, given how many times "Battle of the Duds" episodes have incorrectly been flagged as repeats.  Recycling the same episode title must frustrate your software systems no end.

Thanks for fixing the problem.

Cheers,
Michael.

MD

Hi Michael,

It does frustrate us and costs too much wasted time trying to achieve 100% accuracy which we realise PVRs need to be reliable recorders, which is virtually impossible with the challenge of "garbage in - garbage out" of EPG data which haunts us every day.

vader1111

Sorry to do this to you again, but next week's episode of Hard Quiz is another "Battle of the Duds", and once again it's incorrectly marked as a repeat.

I appreciate that this recycling of episode titles must be a living nightmare for you and your systems.

GaiO IceTV

Hi vader1111,
Thanks for your note.  This episode of 'Battle of the Duds' has been corrected.
Cheers Gai

vader1111

Thanks Gai, much appreciated.

I know this annoys you guys every time it happens.

vader1111

There's another new Hard Quiz "Battle of the Duds" next week.  As always, it's currently marked (incorrectly) as a repeat.

GaiO IceTV

Hi Vader1111,
Thanks for your note. The episode for next Wednesday 2 November has been corrected.  As you are aware this is a system issue and unfortunately there are not the resources to deal with every minor programming issue.  The episode details are manually checked closer to broadcast date and corrected if necessary.
Cheers Gai

vader1111

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on October 27, 2022, 02:38:29 PMHi Vader1111,
Thanks for your note. The episode for next Wednesday 2 November has been corrected.  As you are aware this is a system issue and unfortunately there are not the resources to deal with every minor programming issue.  The episode details are manually checked closer to broadcast date and corrected if necessary.
Cheers Gai
Well aware of that.  Please don't take me previous post as being angry, or upset.  I know this affects your system every time it happens.  I'm just trying to draw your attention to it, as I know that it requires a manual fix.

Thank you very much for your quick action, in fixing next week's episode.

vader1111

It's happening again.  Another "Battle of the Duds" episode, incorrectly marked as a repeat.

Please update the EPG accordingly.  I know this sucks for you guys, with the re-cycled episode title messing with your system every time it happens.

prl

Seems to have been fixed now. Thanks to whoever fixed it up.

However, it seems to have the generic series synopsis in its description, not an episode synopsis.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing