Issue with Timer Collision Avoidance

Started by mingus, November 24, 2021, 01:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mingus

Hi,

I have seen this a few times now where TCA will reschedule one of my shows when there are 3 shows on at the same time on a Humax 7500.

The rescheduled show is fine but one of the 2 "remaining" shows never gets scheduled, so I finish up missing one of the shows that doesn't get moved.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

MD

Hi mingus,

Can you either PM me here with your username and/or IceTV email address, or lodge a support ticket, and I'll see what PVR you are using and I'll be able to probably answer the question.

mingus

mingus

Just for reference, last week I did a factory reset on the Humax which fixed this issue, and all shows were scheduled.

However the exact same issue has occurred again this week with the same set of shows, obviously the Humax can not handle this process.

MD

For reasons we have never got Humax to get to the bottom of some, but not all, 7500/7510 PVRs have problems with changes to shows or airing times when their tuners get stuck with the original setting. It seems to effect older ones so may be a hardware ageing problem but that is conjecture on my part. Humax will never look into it now as the model is well out-of-date and unsupported. My best advice is that you disable the TCA function via unticking its box found in your IceTV account Guide Settings and then simply keep a close eye on your own recording choices to avoid timer clashes.